Solar Eclipse - August 21st, 2017

Through a welders helmet lens - point push and hope school of photography

The clouds were breaking just as it began
DSCN3762.jpg

DSCN3778.jpg
DSCN3774.jpg

DSCN3795.jpg

Patterns that were coming through my patio cover. The patio cover is timber built, with a 2x2 slat covering spaced 2" apart. It is covered in shade cloth.
The pics are of the concrete floor, and the sun patterns:

The bright crescents are the sun phase:
DSCN3779.jpg
DSCN3781.jpg

The shade cloth caused this filtering. It looks blurry, but its not. That is the multi-layered sun phases indicating through the shade cloth, all stacked up.
DSCN3785.jpg

Put on a pair of sunglasses and looked thru a welding helmet.

Looked like the negative of a pee hole in the snow.

Awesome views through the telescope. Saw the silhouette of moon mountains against the sun. Noticeably cooler with a nice breeze springing up at about 85% totality, that was nice, it was an oven until then. Couple of my folks' neighbors came over with their kids who thought it was really cool.

I don't remember it being that quick.
Every location that I'v seen has a different view and how it reacted with the earths amaseffer/ weather in that location. Some areas had a longer duration, and I'n sure so vids have been edited.

Great view here in Columbia, SC. Saw Bailey's beads and the diamond ring. Laid a white sheet on the ground and watched the reflected waves of sun snakes. Very strange to see all the street lights come on and we saw a great horned owl fly past.

Temp did not drop that much but Columbia's slogan is "Famously Hot" thanks to mother nature and General Sherman.

View attachment 990074
The solar eclipse from the north side of the Kansas City Metro
Pic taken with 14 yr old Fuji Film F650 point and shoot. Can't believe my hands were that steady. :)
At my location totality was 2 min 2.2 seconds long. It was a nice show. 3 minutes later the clouds rolled in
Pretty much how it looked in Sweetwater Tn.

Some midway through crappy cell phone pics using a #11 welding shade. Couldn't get anything of the total coverage to turn out on the cell camera. Was spectacular in person though.

Screenshot_2017-08-22-08-55-27.png Screenshot_2017-08-22-08-53-13.png

Back
Top Bottom