NS-2000's from HiFiDo

Well, it looks like you're making progress; though you still have a long way to go just to get to mid-Fi. If you stay persistent you'll get there....;)

By the way, try not to be jealous of my stuff....ok?o_O
Thanks for the vote of confidence SL100. It means a lot to me. :thumbsup:

6 weeks into having the NS-2000's in my system.

The NS-2000's are a bit brighter than the NS-1000xw's, which I found surprising. I've set the attenuators for both mids and tweeters to -1 on the NS-2000's. Bass response is excellent - drum thwacks really punch you in the chest. They're very dynamic speakers.

The friend who will be building the SPS-2000 stands put together a set of temporary stands to tide me over.

View attachment 934709
Massive set-up. Congratulations on the NS2000.

I will surely have to hear that dac. I have been interested in purchasing a very good dac. I have a cx-1000 along with a number of high-end components of yesteryear and today. I'm now curious as to how much better a 10,000 dollar dac could be.

I will surely have to hear that dac. I have been interested in purchasing a very good dac. I have a cx-1000 along with a number of high-end components of yesteryear and today. I'm now curious as to how much better a 10,000 dollar dac could be.

Nice, I'm thinking about picking up either a CX-1000 or C-85 to go with my M-85. Do you use the phono in the CX-1000?

Last edited:
I notice your speakers are quite far from the wall - is this a deliberate thing for sound preferences - or is this just the nature of your room?

I notice your speakers are quite far from the wall - is this a deliberate thing for sound preferences - or is this just the nature of your room?
My preference is to have the speakers several feet from walls. It also works well with the dimensions of the room and the location of my listening spot.

Nice, I'm thinking about picking up either a CX-1000 or C-85 to go with my M-85. Do you use the phono in the CX-1000?
the C-85 is a nice pre...it has the loudness control. I had one and a C-80 before and a CX-800 too.
The CX-800 is also nice because it has the remote and still has the loudness control. Tht said, CX-1000 is in another league....

I am working on rebuilding my C-1, then I will see how the CX-1000 fares against some real competition :) teaser...I know what Mark will say:D

My preference is to have the speakers several feet from walls. It also works well with the dimensions of the room and the location of my listening spot.

wait, I do not see the infinities in the room...are the NS-2000 that good?

the C-85 is a nice pre...it has the loudness control. I had one and a C-80 before and a CX-800 too.
The CX-800 is also nice because it has the remote and still has the loudness control. Tht said, CX-1000 is in another league....

I am working on rebuilding my C-1, then I will see how the CX-1000 fares against some real competition :) teaser...I know what Mark will say:D

Duh, C-1.

That said, all of my Yammie preamps (even the mighty CX-10000) are sidelined in favor of the best sounding line stage I've heard, a Horn Shoppe "The Truth".

wait, I do not see the infinities in the room...are the NS-2000 that good?

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom