NS-2000's from HiFiDo

I know nothing about these speakers, their value, etc. They do seem rare however.

I'm just trying to verify which pair you mean ;)

You can get NS-2000's delivered from Japan for about half that, and almost certainly they'll be in better condition.

That's exactly what I meant, indeed. Unfortunately for the Dutch there's a 35% import charge over everything (value, shipping cost, insurance, etc.). :crazy:

I'm just trying to verify which pair you mean ;)

That's exactly what I meant, indeed. Unfortunately for the Dutch there's a 35% import charge over everything (value, shipping cost, insurance, etc.). :crazy:
Sure, but even with the import duty you get a pair of NS-2000's for under $5000. They're easily worth that.

Duh, C-1.

That said, all of my Yammie preamps (even the mighty CX-10000) are sidelined in favor of the best sounding line stage I've heard, a Horn Shoppe "The Truth".

Yes.
I have to admit, that was a loaded question pertaining to the MX-1000, but MX-10000?

That makes you the second person with an impressive audio collection that prefers the C-1 to CX-10000, or to pretty much anything else.

Now not to highjack this thread tottaly, you had the chance to do an AB comparison between the NS-2000 and those infinities.
Do you mind sharing your thoughts?

Last edited:
the C-85 is a nice pre...it has the loudness control. I had one and a C-80 before and a CX-800 too.
The CX-800 is also nice because it has the remote and still has the loudness control. Tht said, CX-1000 is in another league....

I am working on rebuilding my C-1, then I will see how the CX-1000 fares against some real competition :) teaser...I know what Mark will say:D

Actually after further research I'm also considering the C-70 and CX-1 as well...there seems to be some consternation round these parts concerning the loudness control. I'm not under any sort of misconception that any one of these pre's don't color/affect the sound in some way, I just happen to like the way Yamaha does it. I most certainly commend those in the quest for utter neutrality.

I thought Mark said in another thread that his CX-10000 needs a refurb...so what about the C-1 vs. the CX-10k running on all ten cylinders?

Actually after further research I'm also considering the C-70 and CX-1 as well...there seems to be some consternation round these parts concerning the loudness control. I'm not under any sort of misconception that any one of these pre's don't color/affect the sound in some way, I just happen to like the way Yamaha does it. I most certainly commend those in the quest for utter neutrality.

I thought Mark said in another thread that his CX-10000 needs a refurb...so what about the C-1 vs. the CX-10k running on all ten cylinders?
that would be interesting...
I do not have a CX-10000, but I have C-1(s) not yet running on all 10 cylinders, yet they sound extremly good...for 40years old units with so many pots and switches, that is beyoung impresive.

Last edited:
sidelined in favor of the best sounding line stage I've heard, a Horn Shoppe "The Truth".

Would you care to share any commentary on what you feel it does better sonically?
They seem to have quite a following, I wonder what's inside the box. Love their mascot.

Would you care to share any commentary on what you feel it does better sonically?
They seem to have quite a following, I wonder what's inside the box. Love their mascot.
"The Truth" has wonderful synergy with my amplifier, and is amazingly transparent - the least colored preamp I've ever heard.

I have to admit, that was a loaded question pertaining to the MX-1000, but MX-10000? That makes you the second person with an impressive audio collection that prefers the C-1 to MX-10000, or to pretty much anything else.

Since the question was about preamps I take it you mean do I prefer the C-1 over the CX-1000 & CX-10000. That would be yes RE: the CX-1000, and no RE: the CX-10000.

Now not to highjack this thread tottaly, you had the chance to do an AB comparison between the NS-2000 and those infinities.
Do you mind sharing your thoughts?

Yes, I compared the IRS Delta/Gammas & the NS-2000's. Other than bass response, which goes to the Infinities, the NS-2000's are superior. The bass response of the NS-2000's is very good, quite good enough to make it an easy decision for the NS-2000's to take the Infinities place in my system.

Thanks!

I need new speaker stands as the NS-2000's are much too large to use with the stands for my NS-1000xw's. I really like the design of the SPS-2000. They look elegant in either African Paddock or in black like Deaf_in_Left has for his NS-2000's.
What are your thoughts on the NS-2000 compared to the NS-1000xw?

How do you like the 1000X's compared to the 1000M's?
Does the additional cabinet size and the carbon fiber woofer make huge difference?
I have been looking for some 1000X's for a "reasonable" price - and would appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom