What TT's do you folks have

Nothing fancy.

ProJect Debut III Clearaudio Aurum cart
Thorens TD 280 Mk IV (all I could afford in the 90s)
Thorens TD 125 SME 3009....needs restoration just picked it up cheap.

large.jpg

Pioneer PL-990. I bought it used and kept it for a couple of weeks. I gave it to my 6 yr old.
JVC L-A131 (the cartridge is a mystery to me)

I've got my eyes on a couple different tables right now.
Technics SL-D2. (Needs a new cartridge)
Technics SP-15 (I'm trying to find out if the owners of the station I work at are willing to sell it)

I really like this thread.
Getting to see all these wonderful turntables.
And seeing how the above grace cartridge is mounted with those long screws and it still looks great.
Kinda gives a person the ok to go ahead and do what is needed with
the tools at your disposal. It will not detract from the beauty of the TT/arm/cart. combo.
Thanks all you contributers for letting us see your turntables.
Keep em coming.

My latest vinyl rig. Oracle Delphi MK III with Audiomods 5 arm. I just set it all up today after receiving my new Audiomods tonearm in the post this week. So far it sounds excellent but I am looking forward to some extended listening sessions to discover its nuances.

image.jpeg

DDs
Pioneer PL50-II
JVC-QLA5
Fisher MT6250
Realistic LAB400

Belts
Fisher MT6030
Sony PS1150

I have three times more turntables than ears. Am I normal?

Pete

No need for pics as they're all standard / stock:

Sansui P-L50 (first TT, linear tracker with non-replaceable cartridge)
Technics SL-Q2
Mitsubishi LT-22

Probably going to unload the Sansui as the Mitsubishi is a much, much better LT table. The Sansui sure does have some futuristic 80s charm, however.

image.php

377483a324ef16109fa98e2a59dd13da.png
3f958addf992e312001622e4472d83e5.jpg
1bce39f7a6219bf3ab6c6f2385f4dd94.jpg
aea7b60456cfeb72242670f4459301db.png

For me it's
Thorens TD 124 w slate armboard and an SME 3009 Type II with Shure cartridge and SAS stylus ***
Rek O Kut B12H with Grado Lab Series wooden tonearm Grado Blue cartridge ***
Rek O Kut B12 with Grado Lab Series wooden Tonearm Pickering V15
Rek O Kut L37 with Calrad SV 16 Tonearm and a GE Golden Treasure cartridge
Rek O Kut L34 with ROK tonearm and Golden Treasure Cartridge.
Rek O Kut B12H with custom baltic birch plinth and 16" micropoise tonearm.

*** these two are my go to tables. Both are restored and are just wonderful. The Slate armboard is acoustically dead and as for the ROK it's in a factory plinth and it's silent. For an idler ROK that's saying something. The Thorens is connected to my Mc C20 Mc240 and a pair of Altec 604c's in custom build altec 620 cabinets. The ROK is connected to a HK Citation I, a VTA 70 amp (kit) and another pair of Altec 604c's in 606 corner cabinets

Edited to include a few pictures.. My Thorens in the system and my main Rek O Kut after restoration and before moving into house. I love that Rek O Kut. L34 before restoration of plinth and fitment of arm..(It's done now, just don't have any fresh pics)

Last edited:
For me it's
Thorens TD 124 w slate armboard and an SME 3009 Type II with Shure cartridge and SAS stylus ***
Rek O Kut B12H with Grado Lab Series wooden tonearm Grado Blue cartridge ***
Rek O Kut B12 with Grado Lab Series wooden Tonearm Pickering V15
Rek O Kut L37 with Calrad SV 16 Tonearm and a GE Golden Treasure cartridge
Rek O Kut L34 with ROK tonearm and Golden Treasure Cartridge.
Rek O Kut B12H with custom baltic birch plinth and 16" micropoise tonearm.

*** these two are my go to tables. Both are restored and are just wonderful. The Slate armboard is acoustically dead and as for the ROK it's in a factory plinth and it's silent. For an idler ROK that's saying something. The Thorens is connected to my Mc C20 Mc240 and a pair of Altec 604c's in custom build altec 620 cabinets. The ROK is connected to a HK Citation I, a VTA 70 amp (kit) and another pair of Altec 604c's in 606 corner cabinets
Welcome to AK, sounds like you have a nice assortment of gear, we at AK are more of a visual group so would be nice to see some pictures of that great gear you have :thumbsup:

Audiofreak71

Back
Top Bottom