What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

I find it irritating when people on tv say things like "He fell on the floor" when they are outside and the guy fell on the grass or the road. I shout at the screen " that's the ground he fell on, the floor is indoors!" Why don't they say about a bird for instance, "It flew up into the ceiling" instead of "it flew up into the sky"? Going by the same logic in describing outside things like the ground as the floor, that converts the sea into the bath he he.

New peeve-

Bruised bananas! And that isn't a euphemism either. Nothing ticks me off more than opening my lunch box, whipping out a beautiful banana, peeling it, only to find that it looks like a dalmatian. Then it's all squishy and gross. Damnit.

People that mow their lawn and dont clean up the grass that their mower blows into the street. Double-down on my annoyance when they intentionally blow clippings onto the street. Worse than those piggish offenses, and usually committed by the same inconsiderate individuals, is shoveling, blowing or plowing snow onto the street.

My biggest Peeve is People Texting while driving. All over the road with absolutely NO consideration for anyone else around them.

People who INSIST on pulling ahead of you & then invariably almost STOP & turn right..while YOU have to bow yr car up in the middle to keep from hitting them...Jackasses...

I'm just GLAD the Mighty Valdez has 4-wheel disk brakes..And there are quite a few idjts who OUGHTA be, too. Always kinda wondered what a Honda Quaalude or Civic bred to a 4WD Ford Excursion would look like..If I was going fast enuf,I betcha I could just raise my feet up, & watch it go under the Mighty Valdez..

Not really a "pet peeve", but I've always laughed at people who go out and buy a new car, then buy the brass-plated-made-to-look-like-gold license plate frame with the brand of the car on it.

If I actually give a sh*t about what kind of car it is, I probably already know, and if I don't know, I sure as hell am not going to look at your license plate frame to find out.:confused:

Not pursuing a good deal especially when it's reasonably close to home; then it's gone. At least in this case it's only myself to blame. Maybe that's a regret rather than a pet peeve since it doesn't happen all that often but still. Damn.

Got home yesterday after work at about 6:30 pm. Sun was still up, with a very cool stiff breeze from the NW. Walk in the house, the AC was running. OK well maybe the sun heated things up during the day.

Look at thermostat. We usually run the house at about 76-78F. It's set on 74. Gee, I think to myself, that's kinda chilly even for Mrs. Tox.

Look at digital thermometer. Outside temperature is 72F. Now we're people who like the windows open so we can hear the birds and crickets and so on, so the thing to do here if the house was too hot when Mrs. Tox got home would be to open a couple windows and let that breeze cool it down a couple degrees in a New York minute.

I look for my lovely bride to point out what I perceive is a case of the lazies that future generations will berate us for when the fossil fuels are gone. Where do I find her? In the bedroom. Under a blanket.

:rolleyes:

The only thing that would have topped that is if she had the electric blanket turned on. :rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom