Yamaha PC2002M restoration

I have found a parts unit :) I spent more than expected, but the project continues...

Lucky guy ! :eek:

Could you spare (sell) one of the black plastic brackets on the back side?
One of those got damaged on my B-5 during transport

Lucky guy ! :eek:

Could you spare (sell) one of the black plastic brackets on the back side?
One of those got damaged on my B-5 during transport

I could use a spare as well. But no biggie if not, it will be a while till I get to mine.

no problem, but first I would like to finish the project

Oh that would be great!
I'll pay you a fair price !

Second thoughts..... If the transformer of your donor unit is 220~240V, and left-over..... perhaps I could convert my 100V unit :rolleyes:

Oh that would be great!
Second thoughts..... If the transformer of your donor unit is 220~240V, and left-over..... perhaps I could convert my 100V unit :rolleyes:

Sorry it's 120V...and I'm going to left it in California to reduce shipping cost. If anyone needs one within EEUU, please send me a PM.

What about electrostatic powder coating, if that can be done upon filler used for masking the knocked spots ?
This is a handle of another Yamaha amp. It was sandblasted before the electrostatic powder coating. Not bad, but not perfect.

IMG_2978.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that pic and sharing the experience: we benefit from that (kudos we would say 10 years ago)

So what would cause those bubbles? Impurities? remains of anodizing?

It seems that remains of anodizing, inside the material. They comes out during the drying process, in the oven.

Disney parts are getting a second life. Looking forward to your results.

Sam, did you sell him one of your Disney sourced amps from Silicon Salvage? was it a parts unit, or had already been scavenged? Did you send just the pieces needed rather than the whole amp? What's left?

Sam, did you sell him one of your Disney sourced amps from Silicon Salvage? was it a parts unit, or had already been scavenged? Did you send just the pieces needed rather than the whole amp? What's left?

One down, three left. amr2 elected to take everything except the transformer which saved 17 pounds of shipping cost, a considerable savings. Interestingly, the package arrived at his overseas country and cleared his customs in one week. A smaller lighter package to Detroit took 12 days. Go figure.

A curiosity.

European version. Impedance 4-16Ohm, Power consumption 1600W

IMG_3223.JPG IMG_3225.JPG

US version. Impedance 8-16Ohm, Power consumption 700W

IMG_3222.JPG IMG_3224.JPG

The answer is in the service manual:

US&CANADIAN models must be operated into 8 Ohm in stereo mode and 16 Ohm in mono mode in accordance with safety regulations

Back
Top Bottom