Houston Flood Damage Lost 1200 to 1400 Vinyl Records And Some Stereo Equipment

DJboutit

The Houston flooding my house got 27" of water inside I lost 1200 to 1400 70% rap signals and 30% albums vinyl records 280 cds 90 cassettes and some stere equipment. Still have like 2000 records that are fine 2 creates worth got a tiny bit or moister.

Also lost the speaker pair I picked up like 10 days earlier
Lost Kenwood KR-7400 receiver
Lost Sony SR series reeiver
Lost Fisher Tuner
Lost Panasoic Receiver with 8 track
Lost Sony sony belt drive turntable

It's a small point, but even though the jackets may be ruined, if you want to take the trouble to wash the actual records someday, you may find that they're quite playable. However, given the bigger picture, whether or not you can salvage them is probably not that important at the moment . . .

Very sorry you lost all that gear, but at least it's replaceable for the most part, you and your family are not, so thank goodness your OK and I hope your family and friends out there are as well.

Audiofreak71

So sorry for your loss. I hope all your loved ones are OK. I sincerely hope you had home insurance with flood coverage. Regardless, things will be alright and get better. Hang in there! Prayers sent your way.

So sorry to hear of your loss, hope the family is okay. How is the rest of the area doing? Anyone hurt?

The good news is that water doesn't damage vinyl or CD's. The jackets are toast, of course, and I'd not trust the cassettes until they got a thorough drying out, and the metal parts might rust a bit.

Sorry for the loss of your records and sound equipment. Thanks for being just damage, with the time and the help of some, you will quickly recover your equipment. I was impressed by the images of the floods. I think more than 4000 people have been rescued from their homes, the schools that have to shelter leaving their belongings behind. Very, very sad.

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

Translation...

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...7...0j0i131k1j0i131i46k1j46i131k1.9X-awqKdYxI

"Sorry for the loss of your records and sound equipment. Thanks for being just damage, with the time and the help of some, you will quickly recover your equipment. I was impressed by the images of the floods. I think more than 4000 people have been rescued from their homes, the schools that have to shelter leaving their belongings behind. Very, very sad"

Back
Top Bottom