CR420/CR66ll Lights

index.php

Reflow all the solder connections that are on the circuit trace connected to L4. Including that stripped out screw looking thing near the small circular hole. Thats probably the point that connects the circuit to chassis ground. Remove the screw and reflow the solder pad beneath the fastener. Then reinstall the screw and snug it down tight. But don't over torque it .Need a good positive connection at that point.

Last edited:
Including that stripped out screw looking thing near the small circular hole
That screw is not stripped that is black marker from me tracing the circuit. You hurt my feelings,lol.
I reflowed and tightened the screw and checked continuity. No change.
I would just like to mention I noticed that the FM led red indicator stays on regardless of input chosen. Is that normal?
As this piece is one I just plan to give way to a starving student who will likely just use it to provide sound for his gaming. I am about to call it a day on the light situation.
Hate to give up but I have no hair left to pull and I don't want to wear out my welcome with you as I may need your advice on future projects.
With the FM indicator staying on all the time it is acting like a power light.
I put the trimmers back in and the LEDs.

Wow. I have a CR-420 with this same issue and it is driving me nuts. I ordered replacement lamps but when installed I still get 0 lights. I followed this thread carefully and checked everything as instructed. Still no lights at all. Perhaps this was some kind of design flaw with this model? It is a great receiver and everything works perfectly except the lights. Any suggestions?

I just skimmed the last page, and I'd definitely wait for avionic to confirm before trying this - but if these aren't important pieces and you can't find the failed trace - could you just run a jumper wire from "neg. lead of C509" to "L4" - even just to check if it brings the lights back to life?
At least it'd confirm if there actually is a break somewhere.

I wouldn't try that until avionic confirms though, I may have missed something obvious on my skim.

Back
Top Bottom