What TT's do you folks have

Nothing fancy here, but I love my old '59 Voice of Music 815 record changer console. The changer is a VM 1201.
She's survived a lot of moves, and a rough life from a youngster moving out of the house... to now a man in his 40's. I'm no audiophile extraordinaire or vintage expert, I've just always loved the sound of this old thing. Cabinet needs a good cleaning and really refinishing at this point, but I love it all the same, and I can't believe how great it still sounds to this day. I had to work on the TT / Changer just recently and it is playing great now, but still needs some TLC to get things back to what she deserves after 57+ years of service to our family, 26 of those just mine!

Record Changer 1
Record Changer 2
Whole Console Open
Whole Console Closed

In the coming weeks, I'll post pics after I get her back up to a good shine :)
Glad I found the site, and thanks for being here. Nice community and I'm thankful for the friendly help I've already received.
Take care all,
- John

I am an AK Greenhorn! Since I am getting back into playing vinyl after 35+ years, I have a Sherwood ST-887R TT with a Pickering TL-3 cartridge (DTL-3S stylus)--I do enjoy the warm and clear sound it produces. This thread contains hundreds of TTs many ranging in design and manufacturer...they are all amazing to see all the different possibilities we music lovers possess.Thank you all for the information about your rigs!!

That's a nice looking deck, how does it sound?

Everything is punchier, dynamic, more spacious and clear. The change is truly starling. The cliche that it's like hearing once familiar records in a totally different way applies.
It can be a bit disconcerting on some LPs. For example, on Blondie's AutoAmerican it really did sound VASTLY different to the point I was borderline which "sound" I preferred.
On nearly all other LPs I've spun I am digging it! I would suppose the most difference is attributable to the Denon MC I had on the Project versus this one has the Ortofon Black Quintet, several leaps beyond in capability I think.

Everything is punchier, dynamic, more spacious and clear. The change is truly starling. The cliche that it's like hearing once familiar records in a totally different way applies.
It can be a bit disconcerting on some LPs. For example, on Blondie's AutoAmerican it really did sound VASTLY different to the point I was borderline which "sound" I preferred.
On nearly all other LPs I've spun I am digging it! I would suppose the most difference is attributable to the Denon MC I had on the Project versus this one has the Ortofon Black Quintet, several leaps beyond in capability I think.

Thanks for sharing your views!

Audio Technica AT-LP120 USB, but looking at all the beautiful equipment I've seen in this thread, feeling a little insignificant at the moment. Time to save up some for Vintage kit...

Bought a Music Hall 5.3 last year. Like it very much except for the dust cover hinge comes loose easily, and not having a removable headshell is a pain. Also changing to 45 rpm requires lifting the platter and resetting the belt. Minor complaints other than that a good table.

Bought a Music Hall 5.3 last year. Like it very much except for the dust cover hinge comes loose easily, and not having a removable headshell is a pain. Also changing to 45 rpm requires lifting the platter and resetting the belt. Minor complaints other than that a good table.

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

It is not unusual for members to have more than one turn tables for convenience or other needs. :naughty:

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

It is not unusual for members to have more than one turn tables for convenience or other needs. :naughty:

Thanks! Good to be here.

I'm definitely toying with the idea of another table... But then I wonder about getting different speakers, phono stage, amp etc. It never ends.

Just replaced Ortofon blue with a Grado Gold cartridge which is why I was whining about the non removable headshell.

Well Tempered Simplex with Grado TLZ, and Systemdek IIX with Linn Akito2 and Grado MCZ. WT is battery powered :thumbsup: Simplex has ceramic bearing upgrade

Back
Top Bottom