Out with the old...in with the new

Damn! now that's quite an upgrade!!! Are you going to do all 3 at once or one at a time so you can better a+b the new vs. the old?

I am saying goodbye to my MC501 monos, c500t, and D100...

...and hello to the C1100, D1100, and MC 601 monos.

I hope to have all up and running in 4 weeks or so...driving a pair of Focal Alto Utopias
That's one helluva upgrade!

Well congrats, I'll wait right here for the hand me downs.:bigok:

Would love for you to test a swap with the 501s opposed to the 601s leaving all other equipment in place.

Well congrats, I'll wait right here for the hand me downs.:bigok:

Would love for you to test a swap with the 501s opposed to the 601s leaving all other equipment in place.
You're next with all that scratch you've raised selling gear not being used ...

As others have said thats quite a large step forward. My favorite big amp has always been the 1.2 k. But the 601 is definitely an advancement over a 501 in some respects. I'd want to hear them side by side before laying down my monies. I have heard 601's on a few speakers and they were fantastic. But one pair the 2301's were a better choice. And another time can you believe a little 275 was a better choice. The C500T was the only tube Mac pre-amp I have heard since my C-22 I would consider. Now I have two pre-amps to audition the C-22 III and the C-1100t, that I haven't heard.. I need to pack up the RV and get out of town.

Well in Quiteness the 501 out does 601. But give me the big meters

But I'll take 1.2KW if money were no object. Having heard 601s i am hard pressed to say they are any better than the other quad balanced amps in Quad Balanced selectionsIMG_0057.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom