RIP Frank Carpenter AKA fcarpcarp ;-(

Very sad to hear the news. Frank was a good man, as well as being my introduction to AK fests. That rainy October party in 2009. AK won't be the same without the beard and hat.
That Rainy Fest was my first introduction to this fine group of people as well. After that one ended, Frank and I finished cleaning up and we stood in the living room, cranking out the great collection of tunes that Mark Hardy left for us. I have had the pleasure of spending time over these last couple years with his family as well and sure as hell will miss him.

That Rainy Fest was my first introduction to this fine group of people as well. After that one ended, Frank and I finished cleaning up and we stood in the living room, cranking out the great collection of tunes that Mark Hardy left for us. I have had the pleasure of spending time over these last couple years with his family as well and sure as hell will miss him.

That was a memorable one at Franks home Bill and I'm glad I was there as well. Sadly Beemer whom entertained us during that rainfest with his big dj rig hasn't been heard from in years.

Very sad to hear the news. Frank was a good man, as well as being my introduction to AK fests. That rainy October party in 2009. AK won't be the same without the beard and hat.
John, you used to take a bunch of pix from previous Fests. If you can find some of Frank at these gatherings, could you either post them or send them to me at spikedart@gmail.com. Jeri Ann is looking to compile some of the pix from years of Frank to use at the memorial next week. I can print them out. Or anyone else, if they have some. Thanks.

John, you used to take a bunch of pix from previous Fests. If you can find some of Frank at these gatherings, could you either post them or send them to me at spikedart@gmail.com. Jeri Ann is looking to compile some of the pix from years of Frank to use at the memorial next week. I can print them out. Or anyone else, if they have some. Thanks.

Will do. I'll see what I have that's uniquely Frank-ish.

A video, Frank is in it later on. But if anyone recognizes the guy in the blue sweatshirt he should have some great pictures of Frank.

https://c6bill.smugmug.com/Other/AK-Fests-Past/i-5NbtvrL/A

I want to say that video was from around 2012? I can't recall his name but the blue sweatshirt was the guy who brought DJ equipment to the first few fests. Other oldtimers here will know who that is. I haven't seen him in a long time.

This is really sad news. Now I am really kicking myself for not getting to the last FrankenFest so that I could see Frank one last time.

As a semi-regular, fellow FrankenFest attendee, I have had the great pleasure of knowing Frank, talking to him about many things audio, and attesting to his graciousness and kindness as the host of our local audio fests for what, a decade now? RIP, Frank.

OMG That's Beemer. One of the most knowledgeable fellows to ever play the vintage audio game. Sadly no one has heard from him in years since he became gravely ill and moved south
After speaking with Beemer's wife about his health about 3-4? years ago, Frank said she didn't think he was long for this world. I went to Beemer's house in Gardener maybe 7 years ago and listened to the huge line arrays he had installed. He wanted to prove to me that expensive cabling was worth the $$. One of the last times I saw him.

That's right John, it was March 3rd 2012.

And now that we know the date I believe there was a thread right after that Fest where he posted some of his shots.

Was able to backtrack and found my way to his Photobucket site, he has some GREAT shots of Frank onpage 2

http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/usdjvideo/library/Frankenfest 3-3-12?sort=3&page=2
C6Bill, those are some great pix. I'm up in Maine with a really good printer and will print out some of these, along with one Adam sent me the other day. Damn, seeing my bald-ass head in one of those shots. thank you!

Thanks everyone who sent me photos from our fests. I am able to print out more for perhaps 2 more days, so if you have one from previous times, I will print and give to Jeri Ann for Frank's memorial on Saturday. Those who are able to attend the service are welcome to their house afterwards at 405 Langen Rd. Lancaster, MA 01523.

It would be nice if folks could mention if they are attending the memorial service this Saturday. Jeri Ann is setting up their house for a reception of sorts after the funeral and having a rough idea of how many folks will be attending would be a really good thing. Thanks, everyone.

paul.jpg
After speaking with Beemer's wife about his health about 3-4? years ago, Frank said she didn't think he was long for this world. I went to Beemer's house in Gardener maybe 7 years ago and listened to the huge line arrays he had installed. He wanted to prove to me that expensive cabling was worth the $$. One of the last times I saw him.
This is Paul after he moved. Unsure of the date, but it looks like a wedding or graduation party.

Back
Top Bottom