I found some 10,000uf 80v CDE caps that will fit nicely side by side in the dual 15,000uf 63v oval caps..
Willy, my choice was Nippon Chemicon 10000uF 100V but they were 105 degrees C.... Look at my web page restoration of Sansui G901DB at the end of page... My system connections from new capacitors to contacts of oval housing is maybe complicate, but I think it is the best what I can do... If you decide to do on my way, you should be very careful with drilling holes because you can damage the threads of contact nut. Those Nippon Chemicon capacitors I have bought on Mouser too

Willy, my choice was Nippon Chemicon 10000uF 100V but they were 105 degrees C.... Look at my web page restoration of Sansui G901DB at the end of page... My system connections from new capacitors to contacts of oval housing is maybe complicate, but I think it is the best what I can do... If you decide to do on my way, you should be very careful with drilling holes because you can damage the threads of contact nut. Those Nippon Chemicon capacitors I have bought on Mouser too
How do I get to your Web page Kale?

Thanks John... I made a correction... After that episode of photobucket, I forgot that I already edit that topic on Croatian SN forum to get picture visible... but the most other topics on many forums where I am member, are without pictures because I trusted photobucket... so because of that I made one section at my web site, where I transfer the most interesting Sansui restorations...

Thanks John... I made a correction... After that episode of photobucket, I forgot that I already edit that topic on Croatian SN forum to get picture visible... but the most other topics on many forums where I am member, are without pictures because I trusted photobucket... so because of that I made one section at my web site, where I transfer the most interesting Sansui restorations...
Thank you Kale this will help me out alot..

I have a small drill press that will work perfect for drilling those out..
Willy, you know I am not so good with English language, especially when I need to explain some delicate things like this... so I made a simple picture... look
IMG_20170903_220206.jpg

First of all, now... I can't remember are those drill bits 3.5mm and 4mm, but you will measure and then you will know for sure... so... position 1 at the picture, you should drill a hole 3.5 mm trough hole of nut, but you should be very careful to keep undamaged thread of that nut (because of that we are drilling a hole 0.5 diameter smaller hole, after that... we are going to drill from other side (position 2) to make hole from 3.5 mm to 4 mm, but up to that marked position on the picture 2a, not deeper! That is important to keep nut thread undamaged. For that part of this job, I always put some kind spacer over drill bit which will not allow to the drill bit to go deeper and damage nut thread
Really I tried to explain, I hope you can understand what I wish to say...

Willy, you know I am not so good with English language, especially when I need to explain some delicate things like this... so I made a simple picture... look
View attachment 998170

First of all, now... I can't remember are those drill bits 3.5mm and 4mm, but you will measure and then you will know for sure... so... position 1 at the picture, you should drill a hole 3.5 mm trough hole of nut, but you should be very careful to keep undamaged thread of that nut (because of that we are drilling a hole 0.5 diameter smaller hole, after that... we are going to drill from other side (position 2) to make hole from 3.5 mm to 4 mm, but up to that marked position on the picture 2a, not deeper! That is important to keep nut thread undamaged. For that part of this job, I always put some kind spacer over drill bit which will not allow to the drill bit to go deeper and damage nut thread
Really I tried to explain, I hope you can understand what I wish to say...
I understand Kale I'll be very careful..

Are there any critical resistors on this amp that I need to be aware of?So far they all test good on the driver and power supply boards..

Providing you are checking the values, (which you are :thumbsup:), and changing anything attacked by the glue - you should be fine. ;)

Providing you are checking the values, (which you are :thumbsup:), and changing anything attacked by the glue - you should be fine. ;)
What would be a good replacement for the VD-1212 varistor? I've heard people refer to the VD-1212 as a diode but the service manual calls it a varistor..

20170923_215211.jpg 20170923_215157.jpg 20170907_192943.jpg I was able to get F-2839 and F-2845 cleaned up and done..I decided to take Lee stereo's lead and raise the capacitance in certain areas. I also replaced all of the transistors accept the drivers on F-2839 i put new bourns multi turn trimmers in replaced the zenner diodes as well as the black flag caps with the c0g np0 type.All resistors tested good on F-2839 and F-2845 So I left those alone..Thats where I'm at so far.

Also have a 919 inbound with original output transistors in October for my own collection, don't know when I will get to it what with the new job and bench backlog, in the meantime :lurk:
-Lee

Back
Top Bottom