Awesome Small-Form Factor Amps

Parasound Zamp
9324907.jpg

I have owned 4 Parasound amps in their current Classic series. I'm extremely confident that the little Zamp would be just as awesome as well. One day i need to pick one up.

What a mashup, 50/60's tubes with 70/80's big VU meters!

The meters are not really necessary but then again - I love meters. I am actually impressed by all the features King has managed to pack into this amp and how cool it runs given its compact size.

LOTS of nice-looking mini amps in this thread. I quickly sifted through it, but didn't see what I want:

Mini size (8-ish inches wide)
Bass, Treble, Balance controls
At least 3 line level inputs
>10W RMS
<$200
Fully assembled, Decent-looking

Any suggestions? My desire for tone and balance controls seems to be the problem, but I'm not willing to give that up.

LOTS of nice-looking mini amps in this thread. I quickly sifted through it, but didn't see what I want:

Mini size (8-ish inches wide)
Bass, Treble, Balance controls
At least 3 line level inputs
>10W RMS
<$200
Fully assembled, Decent-looking

Any suggestions? My desire for tone and balance controls seems to be the problem, but I'm not willing to give that up.

I think I've seen some of those Chinese chip amps based off the tpa3116 with tone controls. Check Ebay for them. Might not have multiple inputs though. For reason these Chinese makers always get close to an ideal solution be fail to implement something critical for some reason. E.g. cool preamps but with only one input... really? One of the main points of a pre is input switching!

That is an attractive package and the MD price is great. Actually had one on order on eBay at a similar price but while researching it came across the AD18 that included aptX BT and a headphone output for not that much more. Very pleased with the AD18, the Q5 Pro should be similar apart from the above mentioned features. The q5 does look better.

I have the previous generation of this amp (SMSL Q5, no sub out) and I love it. The combination of digital and analog inputs, along with a remote, makes this a great package. This is a really good deal.

Here's a thread on the SMLS Q5 (not SMSL Q5 Pro):

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/hmm-new-sta350bw-based-smsl-q5-amp.615041/

I have had a pair of these for a couple of weeks now, small footprint, lovely little amps:

I think it looks stunning in that acrylic case. Can't wait to get my hands on the new Volt+D.
I'm thinking on that too. It wouldn't hurt to have another amp around and if it's as good as I hope I could forget about another class D amp I'm intrigued with at $1200. The ICE 1200as.

Back
Top Bottom