Infinity IRS Epsilon, which version?

Are Gjerde

Hi

I was so lucky to obtain a well kept pair of Epsilons recently without an SCU. I searched for a replacement SCU like crazy for a while and it finnaly panned out.

I've got hold of one from Denmark and its marked rev. A, So I know this is the IF80008A version.

My speakers are marked with the serial number: 121 A/B, but I can't find out if its IF30003 or IF30003A. The owners manual says to not mix the first and the seccond model between SCU and speakers.

So my question is, how do I find out if they are compatible?. In the service manual I see there is information on how to make the IF30003 accelerometer into a rev A. Do I have to open my speakers to find out which I have? And if so, where is the accelerometer positioned? I cant see it on the Exploded view in the manual...

Hi

I was so lucky to obtain a well kept pair of Epsilons recently without an SCU. I searched for a replacement SCU like crazy for a while and it finnaly panned out.

I've got hold of one from Denmark and its marked rev. A, So I know this is the IF80008A version.

My speakers are marked with the serial number: 121 A/B, but I can't find out if its IF30003 or IF30003A. The owners manual says to not mix the first and the seccond model between SCU and speakers.

So my question is, how do I find out if they are compatible?. In the service manual I see there is information on how to make the IF30003 accelerometer into a rev A. Do I have to open my speakers to find out which I have? And if so, where is the accelerometer positioned? I cant see it on the Exploded view in the manual...
Check under the gold faceplate on the back of the speaker, one of mine has it marked with a small sticker, my other speaker the sticker fell off, mine is marked on the bottom but I have seen them marked on the top in between the batteries, here's a pic.IMG_2834.JPG

Check under the gold faceplate on the back of the speaker, one of mine has it marked with a small sticker, my other speaker the sticker fell off, mine is marked on the bottom but I have seen them marked on the top in between the batteries, here's a pic.View attachment 996967
Unfortunately, there is no stickers apart from one with serial number on.. but would there be one on the first? I've got to be sure before I connect up the SCU...

Unfortunately, there is no stickers apart from one with serial number on.. but would there be one on the first? I've got to be sure before I connect up the SCU...
That sticker in my pic is the serial # of my speaker but rev A is attached or in front of the serial #

That sticker in my pic is the serial # of my speaker but rev A is attached or in front of the serial #
Hm.. I have stickers in both my speakers, but golden ones. Only serial numbers. Maybe that means I actually have the first version. The only difference lay in the accelerometer, right? Do you know how I get to look at it? Do I have to get the front off and go inn behind sub or can I get in if I undo bottom?

Are

One of mine is like yours with only the golden sticker on it, I took the back off of mine once, I think it would be easier to take the bottom off but don't know if you will be able to see it from there, here is the service manual, if you go inside you might need this to recognize the accelerometer board
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhHWCBRVD6phaziwhzjaTRtKblQ

Last edited:
Took a picture of the Pcb. It doesn't look like either in the service manual, but closest to IF30003A? I'm confused..

Attachments

• IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 48
I took my gold faceplate off and removed everything out of the way and here's what mine looks like, mine has a copper wrapping attached around the board, probably to isolate from other components? Last pic is the back of the gold plate, I'd say mine looks like the original version board? but I clearly have rev A scu and Rev A board behind the faceplate.
IMG_2838.JPG IMG_2836.JPG IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2840.JPG

Last edited:
I just checked my other speaker to see if the board was the same, you never know Lol, it was, I confused, either infinity got the boards reversed in the service manual or they used the older style boards on some of the first rev A speakers but wired them differently to make them rev A who knows, did you see if your other speaker has the same board in it?

Last edited:
Was talking about it with my brother and he said it looks like mine was the latest ver A because of the added copper shielding wrapped around the PC board that earlier versions didn't have, he said it probably helped with not picking up noise from the speakers magnet and voice coil and the other boards in the speaker, makes sense.

I will open the other speaker too due to curiosity. But thanks okeeteekid for helping. This is the third time you've really helped in short time:)

This means my speakers are definitely compatible with the SCU right? I'm not getting it wrong now?

Was talking about it with my brother and he said it looks like mine was the latest ver A because of the copper shielding wrapped around the PC board, he said it probably helped with not picking up noise from the speakers magnet and voice coil and the other boards in the speaker, makes sense.
Yes it does. What's the serial number of your speakers? I also wonder how many pairs were made as I never se really high serial numbers...

Back
Top Bottom