Mastersound 300B S.E. integrated amplifier

I had a friend who owned a Mastersound 300B based amp called Ceasere. I got to hear it a number of times, and it was lovely. Very articulate, transparent, expressive, everything a SET amp should be. How close this version comes to that Mastersound amp I am unsure. It does not seem to be built to the same quality as Ceasere, but it looks to be a mighty fine amp in its own right. I certainly think its worth owning if you can handle the low power output. SET amps can be magical.

Regards
Mister Pig

Thanks for the input. Mister Pig! I´m basically considering this model in particular since a local dealer is tempting me with a good offer. But I need first to make a test with my speakers, ATC SMC 11 v2. I know these are low-efficieny speakers and for that reason I disregarded the Mastersound possibility since I love the sound of the ATCs. But then, my dealer has the Mastersound hooked to a pair of Elac BS 314, which have a similar sensitivity value to that of the ATCs. Well, not really (85.0dB/2.83V/m for the ATCs vs 87.5 dB / 2.83 V / m for the ELACs). My listening room is not that large and I mainly listen to classical music, so, there is a change that the pairing may work and I would like to make a real listening test before spending any money.

Well, I´ve finally bought this very fine integrated amp. In short terms, this is by far the best amplifier I´ve ever heard at home. It goes really well (against my expectations) with the low-efficiency ATC SCM 11 v2´s speakers! It is in fact a superb match for my listening room size and shape and for my music program (classical music). I couldn´t be happier....

Last edited:
Congrats! I had a Due Venti in home for an afternoon and heard their amps at a friends house. I love the sound.

How do you find the 929 in comparison to the Clearaudio?

I use the two TTs for different purposes, as the carts they are fitted with are very different, and don't belong to the same league. I would say that the match of the Benz Micro Ace with the CA Satisfy tonearm is a great one. I use this setting for new records or the ones in best condition. The operation of the CA is not fun, as one must be careful checking the motor centering to avoid physical contact between it and the TT board. An excellent sounding pair but a very delicate one to handle. The Sansui is in a different world. It makes me happy using it. It works perfectly always, no fine tuning needed. The cart on it is a good Empire but I've got plans for a better one. Anyhow, I use this TT all the time, as I buy lots of used LPs. First clean them with a Clearaudio SmartMatrix RCM and then try them first on the Sansui. So, I enjoy much better the old Sansui, actually!

Befana brought some nice tubes...

befana4.jpg

[In Italian folklore, Befana (pronounced [beˈfaːna]) is an old woman who delivers gifts to children throughout Italy on Epiphany Eve (the night of January 5) in a similar way to St Nicholas or Santa Claus. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Befana )]

These are for my Mastersound 300b SE !!

Reactions: DC
Back
Top Bottom