My Fisher museum could be destroyed by Irma

RS Steve

Tube Junkie
Subscriber
Not much I can do here except cover them and hope we don't get a direct hit by a CAT 4 storm. :(

Steve do you have a Crate? Put into it with shock absorber such as foam balls or air bags

Safest place is probably packing them in plastic bags and stuffing them in a closet where I can. But there is a ton of stuff here, shutters go up first.

Can't you leave now?
2 cars full of the important stuff... meaning your family... don't wait for the word. just leave

Also in your home do you have a underground room? As mentioned above stay safe you also!
This is South Florida, if you dig 3 or 4 feet down you hit the water table. I'm not worried about flooding here since I am on a decent hill that has me around 4 feet above the road, but wind damage and losing the roof is the concern. No way to pack it all up and include the pets and family, I will ride it out like usual. It's just quite worrisome.

This is South Florida, if you dig 3 or 4 feet down you hit the water table. I'm not worried about flooding here since I am on a decent hill that has me around 4 feet above the road, but wind damage and losing the roof is the concern. No way to pack it all up and include the pets and family, I will ride it out like usual. It's just quite worrisome.

Try to find a crate, cover the stuff and cross your fingers.

My prayers are with you and your family. Please keep us posted! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to see my former Teac A-3340S in the photo, and hope it and all the other fine equipment there comes through the storm just fine. Most of all, I hope you and your family will be as safe and protected as possible!! Take great care, please!

Nolan

Youre going to ride it out???? As someone who sat out a cat 4 before, let me say dont do it! All that stuff can be replaced.

Dang, Steve, what a dilemma. I agree with those above: keep your priorities straight and Godspeed.

I read that if possible, take as many photos of your gear as possible and record serial numbers. For insurance purposes. My prayers are with you and all those in Irmas path. Be safe. Wish I could help you somehow.

Last edited:
I'm planning to drape plastic sheets all over my audio stuff in case of a ceiling leak.

Starting the process today, shutters going up and all loose items either going in the garage or shed. Then I will secure and protect everything of value inside, including prepping our walk in closet as our safe room. Hope Avery will help us protect his works of art, I will take all the help I can get. :bye:

Back
Top Bottom