Onkyo c7030 or used cdp for $200

lightcapture

The Onkyo c7030 is highly esteemed here.
Will I do better with a used CD player (no older than 7 years or so) for $200, or is the Onkyo hard to beat for $200?

What is 7030HTB? I see you removed HTB. I'm guessing from you quick post you think the c7030 is better than a used cdp of same price.

Last edited:
I am seriously contemplating the 7030 as well. For those of you who own one. Do you use it as a transport to a dac or use the dac in the 7030?

I'm a fan of new. Also, you should be able to get a new C-7030 for a lot less than $200, say $140 or so online.

use the dac in the 7030?

I just plug the 7030 in and play. From my chair it's tough to beat the 7030 for the money. I used to play records way more than CD's due to the SQ. Now it's about 50-50 and most of the time if I want to show my rig to family members I play a Bill Frisell CD. I even thought about getting another one just to test gear with.

Only thing I don't like is you have to know where the buttons are as they are hard to read unless you shine a light on it. Small potatoes.

Last edited:
The C-7030 with the right TOTL equipment will sound better and better as time goes by, takes a while to break in though. The dynamics of the sound as far as sonics and definition is more than just impressive. So good in fact that others with more expensive players won't do a sound comparison.....

There is a place (Jet) that has them for $140 and free shipping, with a 15% off coupon, making it $118. I would post a link but think it may be against the rules.

I purchased my 7030 8 months ago brand new and I love it. Before I picked it up I was thinking either a used Rega Apollo r, Arcam or Marantz. All 3 of these players are good and I would be more than happy with either but after I played with the Onkyo at the store my mind was made. Love the fit n finish and quality weight of the unit. Feels like a $500+ cdp. Sounds amazing also. I think its hard to top this player for the price.

Last edited:
Check Accessories 4 less for refurbished cd players. Not associated with these guys. I actually see better deals on their website.

Back
Top Bottom