Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Yet another video of yet another system, this is a temporary set up
ADS - L520
SMSL - 50wpc t-amp
Amazon Kindle Fire HD cable connected
filmed with a Samsung Galaxy phone

Sound in room is outstanding. No animals were injured during the session.

Very nice MJB1959. I have/had a pair of L400's hooked up though a SMSL Q5 pro and though my computer. One of the woofers took a hit when I had them temporarily hooked up to a larger amp, and a "thing" happened. Meh ... I'm in the process of sending the woofer in for repairs. In any case, those L400's will be with me for life.

That is some serious Mac.

Thanks; It took me a few years of trial and error and I'm really pleased at how well those Mac electronics integrate with each other and the Polks. Now that I'm satisfied with their performance it's given me another avenue to explore and spend money on ..........cabling:naughty:

I have really been enjoying this thread! :thumbsup: I just wish you all lived closer, I would love to hear all your systems in person!
For fun, In this video I am running my 2385's pre-out into the Luxman L-530 so it is pure class "A" but I don't think it matters when you'er uploading to YouTube.:no:
I've been spending a lot of time moving my StudioLabs around the room looking for the sweet spot were the magic happens......you know the spot......I think I found it, unfortunately, it is about 40% out into the room! This is completely different than were I place my 6.5 towers.

Sounds great!

And another one....because pretty lights. I'm not sure how this one will turn out.

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - Lucky Man. Spotify Premium. Surface Pro 3 and USB DAC. Acurus L10 pre and Proton D-1200 power amps. ADS 910.

Cool seeing those LEDs bouncing!

I decided I needed to make an update video since the L250s replaced the ADS 910s. Listening back to it, the limitations of the iPhone's mic saddens me...my clear teeth-rattleing bass just comes out as meh...

Anyway, I couldn't get far enough back in the room, so you don't really get to see the L250s much in the video. I have them wide and toed in, which sounds perfect from my listening chair.

Now for some good ol' prog-rock.

Van Der Graaf Generator - Still Life. Spotify premium(this on vinyl still eludes me). Minix Win-10 PC and Schiit Modi 2 DAC. McIntosh C33 pre and MC-2155 power amps. JBL L250.

Sounds terrific! Love the deeeeeep bass from the JBL's!

Very nice MJB1959. I have/had a pair of L400's hooked up though a SMSL Q5 pro and though my computer. One of the woofers took a hit when I had them temporarily hooked up to a larger amp, and a "thing" happened. Meh ... I'm in the process of sending the woofer in for repairs. In any case, those L400's will be with me for life.
You gotta keep them, I have some L400's also, cutest hifi speakers ever! They are also being used in a T-Amp system, and like you, they are keepers, to be quite honest, they all are at this point.

I've been spending a lot of time moving my StudioLabs around the room looking for the sweet spot were the magic happens....

Denten, what can I say? Those StudioLab speakers just sound great. When the song first started, I thought, "Those sound impressive on music, but I'll bet the vocals are going to be a let down." No, no, no! The mid range vocal response is not forward in the mix the way it would be with horns, but, man, are they tasty. These speakers have to be in the running against the L820/920s when it comes to startling presentation and very musical, smooth vocal presentation. Just the way I like it. I'll bet you can listen to those for hours without listening fatigue. I'm duly impressed.

GeeDeeEmm

Thought I would share my DCM's while I wait for a disgruntled gal named "Irma" to come knocking on my door this weekend.

I grabbed these DCM TF-400's locally of fleabay for $25 a month or so ago. They are better than I expected. Powered by upgraded NAD's (2200pe and 3020) by fellow AKers.
Hope you enjoy!

Denten, what can I say? Those StudioLab speakers just sound great. When the song first started, I thought, "Those sound impressive on music, but I'll bet the vocals are going to be a let down." No, no, no! The mid range vocal response is not forward in the mix the way it would be with horns, but, man, are they tasty. These speakers have to be in the running against the L820/920s when it comes to startling presentation and very musical, smooth vocal presentation. Just the way I like it. I'll bet you can listen to those for hours without listening fatigue. I'm duly impressed.

GeeDeeEmm

Thank you, gdmoore28. I'm having a lot of fun with these speakers, I am SOoooo glad you guys recommended I restore them. I would like to try them in the living room so they can stretch there legs, but,.. man ... they are awkward and heavy beasts, I am seriously thinking of putting some swivel casters behind the bases.
I still can't believe that I pulled these out of some trash dumped on the side of the road, now they are the best speakers I have. :cool:

Thought I would share my DCM's while I wait for a disgruntled gal named "Irma" to come knocking on my door this weekend.

I grabbed these DCM TF-400's locally of fleabay for $25 a month or so ago. They are better than I expected. Powered by upgraded NAD's (2200pe and 3020) by fellow AKers.
Hope you enjoy!
Sounds good! Nice NAD pieces, too. Who do you have playing? I don't recognize it, but I like it.

Good luck with Irma - stay dry and safe!

Hope you enjoy!
I'm amazed at the baas output of DCM's considering the smaller woofers these have.
Very nice c5!

Back
Top Bottom