Oakland County, Michigan

I wanted to get a swap meet table this year (I have quite a few things to get rid of), but I'm leaving on the 25th on a long road trip. Always bad timing...

Swap meet or Road Trip? I know what I would choose.

You could always try the SMAC Sales thing, especially now that we know the rules.
SMAC sales is a good bet. I feel the hands-on aspect at a swap meet might be more advantageous to unload some of my "stuff." But on the other hand, I'd be hauling and unloading it there, and most likely loading and hauling most of it back. ;)

The road trip is creeping up fast!

Would any of you be interested, available for some help with a Sansui 2000a issue with the Left Channel not producing sound? Or perhaps a recommendation for someone you know that could. Very appreciated.

Would any of you be interested, available for some help with a Sansui 2000a issue with the Left Channel not producing sound? Or perhaps a recommendation for someone you know that could. Very appreciated.

While I don't have any personal experience with them, I just bought some amps from a guy in Livonia who mentioned he's used these guys twice and was happy with the results, price, and service.
image001.png

I'm in Ann Arbor, MI and not a member of SMAC or any other local club. With retirement my involvements are becoming more focussed and hopefully less massive and hard to carry (lol!). But listening to music and FM are still very important.

Current listening gear: Thiel CS2.2 speakers, Mac 4100 receiver, Arcam CD player, AR/Merrill XA turntable with Signet TK10 ML cartridge and Signet tonearm.

On the shelf: Thiel CS2 speakers, Adcom GF555Mk2 power amp, Apt Holman Preamp, McIntosh C26, MR71, pair MC75s, pair C101 preamps, VPI turntable, Sota turntable Eminent Technology arm, Premier MMT tonearm.

Needs fixed: Apt-Holman, 4100 receiver, AR table (suspension not modified correctly), MR71, MC75s, and the other turntables. VPI needs more rewiring, Sota needs an expert's touch.

Thanks for the outreach! Took the Sansui to a gent in Ypsilanti, thin air audio. A bit pricy at 75 an hour and the Sansui still has left channel issues. A nice guy and I have not as yet contacted him on the matter so stand by. I have a Marantz over at muse audio, Jeff Hall. Less expensive and very highly recommended. I'll keep you posted.

I just looked that up. Sounds like a cool project.

I used to use this electronics shop on 12 & Gratiot called Gibson's TV. It looks like they are gone from Gratiot (and it is a burger king now), but there is a place with a similar name showing up in Madison heights. If it is the same guys, which I think it is, they repaired a early 80's Rockford Fosgate car amp for me without even flinching. Came back perfect.

Good luck - post some pics when you are done!

-Geoff

Back
Top Bottom