What PUNK Rock Album Are You Hearing Now !!!

Nashou66

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Ok here is a new twist on the What Record are you hearing now thread.

Only this one is for PUNK ROCK records!!!!!!!!

Let's see what you guys have in that vinyl collection of yours !!

I'm 51 and I still love listening and going to Punk rock shows.

So this album I think sums up my Philosophy on life......for the most part ;)

The Descendents : I don't Want To Grow Up !!!!!

36732831370_8f4ccf8a5f_h.jpg

Athanasios

Last edited:
Should be listening to The Flamin' Groovies, but the Discogs seller is notorious for late shipments after payment! BTW for those unfamiliar, these guys are original CBGB OG's.

Ok I'll add another

Social Distortion: Prison Bound

36294989664_55bfcdd5a3_b.jpg

Is that the original Prison Bound or the new reissue? I bought the CD back in 1988??? That's an awesome LP.

I was in the process of converting my punk LP's that are not on CD to digital. Hurricane Harvey kind of put a kink in those plans.

Is that the original Prison Bound or the new reissue? I bought the CD back in 1988??? That's an awesome LP.

I was in the process of converting my punk LP's that are not on CD to digital. Hurricane Harvey kind of put a kink in those plans.

Original I think bought it over 15 years ago maybe longer.

Nashou

Have to add to this thread next time I play my collection, but I gotta tell ya, I'm gonna like this thread better than the last '....Hearing Now' thread!

Have to add to this thread next time I play my collection, but I gotta tell ya, I'm gonna like this thread better than the last '....Hearing Now' thread!

I agree, I have all my records alphabetically but separated the jazz from the rest. But now I might pull out the Punk stuff too.
I guess we can also have some Alternative/new wave stuff too . Like the Cult, Smiths, Cure etc. As they were influenced by punk. But I hope it will mostly be
straight hard fast loud punk rock .

nashou

I just played Black Market Clash, the original US 10" that had the extra material from singles that was not on the US albums.

I doesn't get any better than this. The record is surprisingly well-mastered, with very good bass.

Listening to a new band out of Dublin, Ireland called Grit. They have two 7" EPs out, which I ordered immediately after first hearing them. Imagine The Avengers meets Lia-era Vice Squad. Fantastic stuff.

t40QSzQ.jpg

Their bandcamp site if you'd like to give them a listen. I ordered through there and they arrived quickly and packed safely. (no affiliation)

https://gritd-y.bandcamp.com/

Listening to a new band out of Dublin, Ireland called Grit. They have two 7" EPs out, which I ordered immediately after first hearing them. Imagine The Avengers meets Lia-era Vice Squad. Fantastic stuff.

t40QSzQ.jpg

Their bandcamp site if you'd like to give them a listen. I ordered through there and they arrived quickly and packed safely. (no affiliation)

https://gritd-y.bandcamp.com/

Now this is the stuff i'm looking for here!!! new bands to discover as well as old band we may have forgotten!!!!

I looked up Verbal Assault during my listen and found they are putting out a new record !!! Cool to see some of these old time punks getting back together and giving it another go !!!

Athanasios

Does that album have Flowers by the door on it? I have a compilation with some TSOL on it, great Goth punk sound !!!!!
No. The album pictured is the first full length with the original singer, Jack Grisham.
"Flowers By The Door" is on the album "Change Today", the first with vocalist Joe Wood, circa 1984.
The earlier stuff has a completely different sound. If you like "Flowers By The Door", check out the albums "Change Today" and "Revenge".

Back
Top Bottom