Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Is that Tivoli a current model?
Its the original Tivoli PAL ,before they put the Bluetooth version out,,cost $ 149 about 12 years ago...has cell phone technology in it ,so it has better reception than the Cyrus Tuner in the same system.i don't know if they still sell it but its portable with power also...the only drawback is that the gummy rubber case get sticky....they came in many colors, i got the gray & its too light...better with the darker colors.

Started early with "Arabesque" on Abu Dhabi Classic FM. The DJ, leyann Smili, plays contemporary Arab pop and Arab classics. Interesting comparison with the Western jazz show that follows, "Dinner Jazz."

Listening over the Sony ST-3000ES tuner.

DSC_1226.JPG

Neds Mystery Machine on KXLU 88.9 fm on a Sherwood s-7200
sherwood_s7200_closer.jpg

At 10PM last night, 8/27/17 on WLRN Miami, Tracy Fields did a tribute to Charlie Parker on what would have been his 97th birthday. What a treat to hear Bird play with Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Dizzy Gillespie and others. I had never heard Bird doing Round About Midnight before. Great audio with none of the multipath problems I sometimes have.

Tuner was my Magnum Dynalab FT-101.

Philly local WMMR is doing their back to school A-Z, so I get to hear stuff off their normal track. Using an Allied 495, which is a Pioneer SX-1500TD with a different faceplate.

KFM-BFM 100.7 San Diego, on my TR 2080 receiver which is the only FM I can access in this room. Solid 3-song AC/DC set about an hour ago, meh since that.

John

Listening to NBC 6's coverage of Hurricane Irma on my trusty Sony ICF-2010. We are about 10 miles West of Downtown Miami. Although we have had no power since midnight, we are very fortunate to have escaped the worst of this monster storm.

Later on, I plan to listen to the Ham Radio Hurricane Nets, maybe on the Icom R-75.

Listening to NBC 6's coverage of Hurricane Irma on my trusty Sony ICF-2010. We are about 10 miles West of Downtown Miami. Although we have had no power since midnight, we are very fortunate to have escaped the worst of this monster storm.

Later on, I plan to listen to the Ham Radio Hurricane Nets, maybe on the Icom R-75.
Hope all is well and that you get power back soon.

Back
Top Bottom