Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Sounds fantastic regardless of the phone mic. We can tell how good it sounds!
Glenn

thank you!
like others here have said, i wish i wasn't that far away from you guys,
most in my social environment think there is something wrong with me:D

most in my social environment think there is something wrong with me

LOL....same here, anyone that looks in my room see's pillows and blankets pinned to walls, speakers way out into the room......and it looks different every time they see it, If I try to talk about audio or room acoustics, they just look at me like I'm some kind of weirdo.....lol......so, I hang out here with you guys. :D

Last edited:
Here's one from "The Great American Songbook" for your listening pleasure.... gdmoore28 has got me thinking about vocals, I wanted to see how they handled Rod Stewart's voice.
I'm trying the speakers closer together, away from the side walls in this video.

Sounds good! Nice NAD pieces, too. Who do you have playing? I don't recognize it, but I like it.

Good luck with Irma - stay dry and safe!
Thanks! Song is "Country Preacher" from Roy Buchanan.
I'm amazed at the baas output of DCM's considering the smaller woofers these have.
Very nice c5!
Thanks! I have very little exposure to DCM's and they were not on my radar. Feels like a good find at $25. I enjoy the sound they produce.

Thanks! Song is "Country Preacher" from Roy Buchanan.

Thanks! I have very little exposure to DCM's and they were not on my radar. Feels like a good find at $25. I enjoy the sound they produce.
I'm with you on the DCM's. Read about them here, big fan base. Found my TW's at a yard sale for 40 bux!
Excellent speakers!

I posted a couple videos in various threads, and thought it would be fun to hear our fellow AKer's setups. Consolidate it in one official video thread.
Small or big, SS or Tubes, whatever. Let's get to experience, get an idea, each other's gear, a little hang time in each other's listening spaces!

Some of these you all have seen, but I'll officially kick it off!
Glenn

Okay Mr. 70. I just have to say looking into your video gave me an instant flashback to shopping at Tech HiFi in my teens. The wall o' speakers with the sales person holding the wired A/B switch box for speaker comparing. Thank you for resurrecting such fond memories.
13906200374_17bdbffbe2_b.jpg

For the last few months, I have been working at trying to turn a dirty, wet, FUGLY, bare-bones 50 year-old basement into a somewhat respectable mancave/lounge type of deal (and on a tight budget, as well....good thing I already had all the equipment). Still got a bit to go, but it`s coming along nicely....

Okay Mr. 70. I just have to say looking into your video gave me an instant flashback to shopping at Tech HiFi in my teens. The wall o' speakers with the sales person holding the wired A/B switch box for speaker comparing. Thank you for resurrecting such fond memories.
View attachment 1001963
That's nice to hear, thanks! I really enjoy listening to the differences in the speakers. When I demo them for friends, they didn't realize how different they can sound. Love the variety!

Last edited:
For the last few months, I have been working at trying to turn a dirty, wet, FUGLY, bare-bones 50 year-old basement into a somewhat respectable mancave/lounge type of deal (and on a tight budget, as well....good thing I already had all the equipment). Still got a bit to go, but it`s coming along nicely....

Nice cave there Maxx! Looks like a fun place to hang, listen to music and kick back a few cold ones!
So I assume the "wet" basement issue is a thing of the past? What did you do to eliminate it?
Cheers, Glenn

Here's one from "The Great American Songbook" for your listening pleasure.... gdmoore28 has got me thinking about vocals, I wanted to see how they handled Rod Stewart's voice.
I'm trying the speakers closer together, away from the side walls in this video.

They handle Rods voice quite well!

Thought I would share my DCM's while I wait for a disgruntled gal named "Irma" to come knocking on my door this weekend.

I grabbed these DCM TF-400's locally of fleabay for $25 a month or so ago. They are better than I expected. Powered by upgraded NAD's (2200pe and 3020) by fellow AKers.
Hope you enjoy!
man those DCM's sound good, glad to see others with DCM's, l love mine

Nice cave there Maxx! Looks like a fun place to hang, listen to music and kick back a few cold ones!
So I assume the "wet" basement issue is a thing of the past? What did you do to eliminate it?
Cheers, Glenn
Thank you, Sir !
I wirebrushed the walls, sealed `em up with DryLok, ripped out the 4 old windows, reframed everything and installed new windows, rewired to give me several new electrical outlets (there was only ONE outlet for the entire basement !) put 2 new sump pumps in (the old ones were shot), used an old 1950s Sears electric floor scrubber to scrub the floor about 5 times, then put concrete sealer on it. Did a little creative mangling to the ductwork so I now have both heat AND AC down here ( :) ), and installed a big-ass Santa Fe dehumidifier that I brought from my previous house. Still have to do some work on the outside, have to put in new window wells and add some fill to pitch the rainwater down away from the foundation....like I said, it`s a work in progress....

upload_2017-9-10_0-22-12.png

upload_2017-9-10_0-26-37.png

upload_2017-9-10_0-28-15.png

Thank you, Sir !
I wirebrushed the walls, sealed `em up with DryLok, ripped out the 4 old windows, reframed everything and installed new windows, rewired to give me several new electrical outlets (there was only ONE outlet for the entire basement !) put 2 new sump pumps in (the old ones were shot), used an old 1950s Sears electric floor scrubber to scrub the floor about 5 times, then put concrete sealer on it. Did a little creative mangling to the ductwork so I now have both heat AND AC down here ( :) ), and installed a big-ass Santa Fe dehumidifier that I brought from my previous house. Still have to do some work on the outside, have to put in new window wells and add some fill to pitch the rainwater down away from the foundation....like I said, it`s a work in progress....

View attachment 1002120

View attachment 1002122

View attachment 1002124
A lot of necessary work, for eliminating mold, and a nice usable space!
Luckily, I'm on a hill on high ground and my basement is dry.
Cheers and happy listening!

Last edited:
I have to pass this along to the current Tech Hi-Fi owner, he should hang that photo on the wall :thumbsup:
View attachment 1001963

JVC A-X5 and the AR-4x's.
This is the living room system with just the AR-4x's. The KLH Fives are off for this demo.
These little speakers are terrific!
Glenn

Very nice Glenn!! I see ARs coming up all the time around Dallas, I might have to hook myself up with a set ... or two.

Edit: Set of 4's just around the corner from me. Guy want's $399. I frown ever time I see someone put X99 price on Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom