What Vintage Speakers Would You Buy If Money Were No Object?

They were good enough for Abbey Road. Or am I thinking of another model in the series?

Yep, they had the Nautilus 801 and I think the 801D, but then went to the 800/D when they were discontinued- IIRC is around 2003/4 when they killed them.

Last edited:
There are so many great speakers but many fewer great Source components. That is the weakest link in many systems.

The speaker I would chose first would be for its uniqueness and looks not its sound quality. JBL Paragon. The next choice would be for the sound quality. Mcintosh XR 290. For just over all size a JBL Hartsfield or EV Paragon. For something to catch you off guard Magnaplanars 6 or 8 paneled systems. Tympani ? They occupied an entire room.

You mean these? View attachment 757167
LOL Thanks very much Drugolf for the comp/thinking of me/them. These are my babies that I'll probably be buried in one day....LOL (They were manufactured by a coffin maker ya know....:angel:

Well I have the Concert Grands MarZ! When you are ready to do the trade we can meet say....in Minneapolis?

0828171519b_resized.jpg

The speaker I would chose first would be for its uniqueness and looks not its sound quality. JBL Paragon. The next choice would be for the sound quality. Mcintosh XR 290. For just over all size a JBL Hartsfield or EV Paragon. For something to catch you off guard Magnaplanars 6 or 8 paneled systems. Tympani ? They occupied an entire room.
Now's your chance. A set of Tympanis is in Bartertown for easy money.

Did anyone mention Electro-Voice Patricians yet?

Patrician+800+EDS-1.jpg

These ain`t half bad either....I think that with proper amplification, they would probably lift you right out of your seat....

Back
Top Bottom