Its home...

Finally got my 2000X back from the shop. They replaced the caps and several transistors, plus addressed some other issues. Since a few lights were out I had them all replaced with led's.

It sounds fantastic.

Awesome!
How do you like the led's?

I thought it turned out nicely as well. Previously I had blue leds installed in my Marantz. That turned out equally nice. Hoping my Pioneer turns out well too.

Hi mike,

Just to share my 5000x Picture, Hope you dont mind ;). The condition is not as good as yours but it can sing well and it is 100% original inside. Decided to go for LED since the bulbs are not available here in my country unless ordered online. The wood needs to get repaint and small touch up.

Attachments

• IMG_20170905_124941.jpg
    IMG_20170905_124941.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20170905_125002.jpg
    IMG_20170905_125002.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 10
Naw, no problemo man. I think I'd try lightly roughing up that wood with some 0 or 00 steel wool then adding some (I think its a walnut color although it seemed red oak matched better) stain. Most of that looks like it would rub out. Just go slow and easy, don't try to do too much too fast. Is it missing a knob?

The knob is faulty,i am not sure what went wrong, may be it got a hit but its the original Mic and Balance knob. I have asked my technician to get it fixed but not sure it can be repaired or not. However the Balance tuning works,only the outer Mic part is not working.

Nice receivers. Please post the serial numbers for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

Nope, just a long time member of this community. Sansui serial numbers contain a date code and production volume information. Compiling serial numbers gives us information on when Sansui models were built as well as an idea of how many were built. We can also use the information to track things like production changes. The link in my signature block will take you to a thread that has additional information as well as being the best place to post your serial numbers.

- Pete

I wasn't questioning your request. Just looking to see if I can change my name since I no longer live in Ohio.

Back
Top Bottom