Power MOSFET replacements...

QSilver

Looking for some replacement Power MOSFETs for a little amp. The originals are FX30KMJ-3 and FS30KMJ-3. I was loking at some replacements but I couldn't find any P-channel ones that could go up to -30V drain current. Would the be a problem? Wondered if anyone had some better ideas for replacements.

The Rail voltage is 50VDC

Best I could come up with was IRF6215PbF for the P channel.

I meant to say that I think with these, counterfeits are rife like with STK packs... I was hoping to just find a new part I can buy from a reputable company and know that it's gonna be reliable.

I think this is the datasheet here: http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheet/MitsubishiElectricCorporation/mXrqtxr.pdf

But, it does say "Preliminary" and one thing that confused me was that the Source Current of -30A but the power dissipation is marked as just 35W. The amplifier is 100W per channel so something doesn't add up?

Take a look at this one, it has a conductive tap, but if you use a silicon pad, it should work. I don't know any other details of your requirement except 30A and 50V rail:

That one looks good, but this mix up with specs is a bit confusing.

Output power is voltage multiplied by current. Dissipation is the voltage drop through the device multiplied by current. Two totally different specs. Most important is the max voltage and max current specs, as far as capability goes.

Output power is voltage multiplied by current. Dissipation is the voltage drop through the device multiplied by current. Two totally different specs. Most important is the max voltage and max current specs, as far as capability goes.
This is right unless fevice is designed for switch mode use. It could have huge current and voltage rating, but very low dissipated power. For amplifier you need devices rated for linear work, wich is a tiny minority among power MOSFETs.

Thanks for all your comments. that helps a lot. I've never been quite sure of the relationship between the power output and total power dissipation required by a device. I've attached the schematic for the amplifier I'm working on. The MOSFET outputs connect to Pin 8 and 9 of each connector and are fed by the VCC+/- which is 50VDC.

Attachments

• Amp copy.pdf
    288.6 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for all your comments. that helps a lot. I've never been quite sure of the relationship between the power output and total power dissipation required by a device. I've attached the schematic for the amplifier I'm working on. The MOSFET outputs connect to Pin 8 and 9 of each connector and are fed by the VCC+/- which is 50VDC.

Sorry, but I do not see FET transistors here, All are bipolar ones.

The FET's connect to Pin 8 and 9 of each connector. They are not on the schematic I uploaded but here is a larger schematic. You'll see why I didn't, the schematic has been badly copied and the MOSFETS are just big black squares.

Attachments

• Amp schem2.pdf
    651.4 KB · Views: 13
The FET's connect to Pin 8 and 9 of each connector. They are not on the schematic I uploaded but here is a larger schematic. You'll see why I didn't, the schematic has been badly copied and the MOSFETS are just big black squares.

Can you draw them by hand on original pic?

But from what I can see - when choosing replacement, pay attention to Vgs limit. Originals have it +-20V, which is rather high. Also make sure that you will not raise power rails voltage above what was in original design.

I have no idea what you are trying to do, your schematic has no MOSFET. You need to provide schematic and what you are trying to do.

I am also looking for substitutes for the FX30KMJ-3 and FS30KMJ-3 on the amplifier and also for the 2SA1015-GR and 2SC1815GR on the ASUB-Board of my piano

Attachments

• amp+asub_compressed.pdf
    826.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom