Question about channel issue on AU-717

cowdog360

Hello,

I recently did a full Leestereo style recap and upgrade on a friends AU-717. He's telling me that now the right channel occasionally drops out, and now when it is working it has less bass than the left. After he turns it on/off a few times the channel comes back. I'm curious as to whats going on here, any obvious place to start? I know he's had some issues with the switch on the back causing problems (the preamp bypass switch). I'm thinking of looking at that first as the potential culprit.

Cleaning it will likely cure your problem. There is a reed relay back there that could be dirty as well. This kind of jives since power cycling brings it back....

Sorry Paul, no reed relay on the AU-717, I think you are thinking of the AU-919, but relay talk is appropriate as the 'power cycling thing' could be the speaker relay playing up. ;)

it might work .it depends if this is the problem or not and where if any corrosion is in the switch . p.s thanks for the heads up . first time i studied that switch .

Back
Top Bottom