MAD magazine

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Not 2 days ago I was explaining to my teenager how cool I thought MAD magazine was when I was kid. My son had no idea what it was, I sort of explained the sarcasm and legendary artists associated with the magazine. Onto today, I went to my local flea market looking for LP's/tapes/equipment. Didn't find anything of the sort, but did find some Mint (cardboard backed) MAD's from 75' and 76'. Got them for a six pack of domestic!

IMG_1107.JPG

I read Mad religously from about the age of 14-19.

Sadly I only have a few issues still around.

latest

She was in the other mag. I remember her name, though.

Outgrew "Mad" when I started Boarding School, & "National Lampoon" became my muse. IMHO, the 1976 issue that had an article,"Foreigners Around the World" was about their funniest, w/the possible exception of the various "O.C & Stiggs" & "Bulgemobiles" articles...

If you're sensitive, VERY "PC"& all that nonsense, you likely WON'T find "National Lampoon" funny at all. That '76 issue has had me peeing my pants any number of times over the past 40 years or so.....

If you're sensitive, VERY "PC"& all that nonsense, you likely WON'T find "National Lampoon" funny at all. That '76 issue has had me peeing my pants any number of times over the past 40 years or so.....

There's a great National Lampoon documentary on Netflix's. Weird name, but recognisable by the dog with the gun to it's head.

Back
Top Bottom