SANSUII BA-3000 PROBLEMS

I am back from dinner but I don't see any instructions so I will work on another project this evening for a while. I have to go to DMV in the morning to keep a valid drivers license. I don't drive much anymore due to my health but I need to keep a license so if my wife ever can' drive and needs my help I can drive her to the hospital or doctor. I should be back about normal time unless I get stuck at the DMV.

I JUST FINISHED WITH THE CAR ( for now ) .. AND my JBL recone and for a BONUS cleaned out all the in house Ionic breezes ...
So Good work Mike...
As far as #1 goes
The 70.X = your 68 volt main rails ( close enough )
85 is correct for the unreg input to the 2508
70.9 seems a touch high ( should be 65 )
34 close enough for the 35 volt rails

Did this board get the 1% metal film "R" treatment ?

#2'a fault is " +16. VDC & -16.8 VDC at the 35 volt spot on the 2512 Board" correct ?
AH and I don't think you answered of the input board & meter boards were still unplugged ??

So now for this one you are getting regulation and it is balanced, it's just low...
Test #1 ACTIVE
Tell me the voltage drop across ZD-02

Test #2 ACTIVE
Tell me the Collector voltage of TR-11 and the emitter voltage of TR-16
Did you replace the 330 ohm 5 watt with the metal flim 1% ?

Shall we look at the +/- 35 of 2508 #2?

I think the #1-2508 is good. I have checked every transistor and every resistor and all new high grade Panasonic electrolytic caps (with polarities correct too). I even went in a tried some MJE15032's in the place of the D381's and NOTHING changed at all. I also went back and made the change back to the Fairchild KSC1845's in place of the C1313's and I noticed absolutely no changes at all so I think both of these cross ref. transistors are valid and good replacements. I just can't think of anything that you haven't had me check. Yes, both 1508 boards got at least 50% of the resistors changed out by MF 1% resistors. I ordered all of the MF resistors to completely change out every resistor on both 2508 boards and all 4-2507 boards. It really doesn't take that long to make the changes with my trusty Hakko desoldering gun and soldering iron. I just love them both. I have 4 sets of these, one set on every work bench in my shop and the stereo room.

I think now that it does make sense for me to test the all the transistors on #2-2508 board because I am not happy with the +-16 VDC in the 35 voldt section. It is only less than half of what it should be and #1-2508 board. I don't have a lot of time this evening as I need to shut down a little early because I need to get up early for my DMV adventure. Why don't I just concentrate on checking all of the transistors on #2-2508 tonight and report back in the morning what I found and go from there. Your thoughts?

Test #1 ACTIVE ( 2508 #2 )

Test #2 ACTIVE

I don't think you answered of the input board & meter boards were still unplugged ??

Test #1 ACTIVE ( 2508 #2 )

Test #2 ACTIVE

I don't think you answered of the input board & meter boards were still unplugged ??

No on the 330 ohm 5 watt MF but yes, I did change out the 330 ohm resistors on both boards with new power transistors. The meter boards were connected to the last tests. I'm not sure what you mean by the input board unless you mean the 2513 board. If that is the board you are talking about, it had to be connected as the meter boards connect off of it. I wanted to get the voltages of both boards with everything connected except the 2507 boards and the bricks.

I will make the active test you have asked for on the #2-2508 board.AND the #1-2508 board so that you can compare them.

and you used 5 watt 330 ohm resistors ?? ( just making sure ) Hmmmmm I believe I asked you not to hook anything else up since there was an issue that caused R-18 to POP.
Is 2508 #1 out of this chassis ? AND we want to test new boards with no loads... Bad dog , no biscut ! You need to tell me when you reconnect stuff... because I ASSUME all that was going on was DC power supply ( raw ) , protect board & 2508.. I hope the meter drivers ( or worse ) the meters got unhappy....

Here is what I ended up with. Starting off with#1-2508 board, I got -15.0 VDC drop across ZD-02, +61.4 VDC on Collector of TR-11, and -64.5 VDC on Emitter of TR-16. On the #2-2508 board I got -6.5 VDC drop across ZD-02, +77.4 VDC on Collector of TR-11, and -80.3 VDC on Emitter or TR-16.

What the heck is wrong with your car?

and you used 5 watt 330 ohm resistors ?? ( just making sure ) Hmmmmm I believe I asked you not to hook anything else up since there was an issue that caused R-18 to POP.
Is 2508 #1 out of this chassis ? AND we want to test new boards with no loads... Bad dog , no biscut ! You need to tell me when you reconnect stuff... because I ASSUME all that was going on was DC power supply ( raw ) , protect board & 2508.. I hope the meter drivers ( or worse ) the meters got unhappy....

Sorry about that. Do you want me to retest those voltages? I have never had any problems with the meters on either amp in the past 15-18 years. Let me know if you want me to redo these last active tests with everything but the speaker protection board and 2508 connectted.

Here is what I ended up with. Starting off with#1-2508 board, I got -15.0 VDC drop across ZD-02, +61.4 VDC on Collector of TR-11, and -64.5 VDC on Emitter of TR-16. On the #2-2508 board I got -6.5 VDC drop across ZD-02, +77.4 VDC on Collector of TR-11, and -80.3 VDC on Emitter or TR-16.

What the heck is wrong with your car?

And I was looking forward to that darn Biscuit too.

Sorry about that. Do you want me to retest those voltages? I have never had any problems with the meters on either amp in the past 15-18 years. Let me know if you want me to redo these last active tests with everything but the speaker protection board and 2508 connectted.

Oh, and yes I used 5 Watt cement wire wound resistors on both boards. I got them from Mouser.

Hmmmmm
Passive test ( s ) 2508 #2
Pull and test TR-03 & TR-04
Pull and test ZD-02
were R-05 & 06 replaced ?

Hmmmmm
Passive test ( s ) 2508 #2
Pull and test TR-03 & TR-04
Pull and test ZD-02
were R-05 & 06 replaced ?

I will have to do these test in the morning as I am late to shut down for the night. I got all the cables that go to the 2513 board disconnected (someone took the push on connectors off and soldered all the wire to the pins). I took the time to clean the wiring up and wire tie they. The voltages taken after everything disconnected are as follows. Board #1, Emitter of TR-16 is 86.5 VDC, collector of TR-11 is 88.2 VDC, and drop over ZD-02 is -14.90 VDC. Board #2, Emitter of TR-16 is 87.8 VDC, collector of TR-11 is 88.2 VDC, and drop over ZD-02 is +6.2 VDC. I retook the other voltages after 2513 and meter boards disconnected. Board #1, -71.3 VDC and +71.2 VDC on large caps, -88.0 and +88.2 VDC on B+-, -71.2 VDC and +71.3 VDC on 60 volt section, -34.1 and+34.4 on 35 volt section. Board #2, -71.2 VDC and +78.3 VDC on large caps, +88.2 VDC and -88.1 VDC on B+-, -71.3 and +71.3 on 60 volt section, and +6.9and -5.7 on 35 volt section.

I need to shut down before the wrath of WIFE comes down on me but I will start off taking the active test you just sent to me and anything else you want done. I hope to be back by 11 AM Central after DMV run. Good Night.

I think we will have a case of history( or faults ) repeating itself
you have the unregulated ( Not the big cap ) supply here
2508 #2 Emitter of TR-16 is 86.5 VDC, collector of TR-11 is 88.2 VDC,
AND
In our first board ZD-02 was only dropping ~ 3.3 volts
I'm thinking the TR-03 04 combo So do the passive tests in the AM post DMV and we will re group!

Night

Back
Top Bottom