What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I guess I'm just an old tight wad. I'm running a Yamaha A-S 500(85/ch) and it continually makes me smile. I'm am very tempted to send my old Marantz Model 15 Amp out to be restored.I bought it when it was a year old. i also have a Pioneer SX737 that needs a recap. It still sounds good but the relay kicks out occasionally so it's in the closet. A tube amp is really just me daydreaming;)

Any thoughts on trying a tube buffer ???

Last edited:
A while ago a fellow patron at a local bar came into the bar one day and was thrilled because he had just 'scored' a best of CCR cd at a gas station for one dollar. There was a cd player in the tavern and so the bartender played it. It was the best of CCR, except they were all re-recordings made after John Fogarty had left the band. I don't even know who the lead singer was. It also happened to me years ago; I purchased ? MARK & the MYSTERIANS' greatest hits thru AMAZON. They, too, were all re-recordings, but, at least, the original lead singer was on the cd. Buyer beware: many unknown labels at marked down prices put these 'greatest hits' on the market, implying they are the original hits, when, in fact, they are all re-recordings. You pretty much have to trust the label.

Back
Top Bottom