What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I'm back! Been all over East Texas, helping run points of distribution. Glad to be home. Went fishing today with my wife and dog. Enjoyed a good chaw (not something I've made a habit of, but seems to fit when I'm fishing or in my hammock). Now sippin' on some Ardbeg Uigeadail and jammin' some gosh damn Dead.
View attachment 1003166
Missed y'all.
Welcome back. Glad you're ok.

tFz95Tw.jpg

It's a custom cover, a bit too thick. 1/2" ply, should be 3/8". Simple to make and fasten.

A late post on this.

My AR is just like that one, with a wood enclosure as well.
Original as far as I know.
If it is not factory, then someone offered wood enclosures for it back in the day.
I picked mine up at an estate sale a few years ago.
It has a bit of a hot spot (darker wood) marking on the top if I recall.
I will need to un-cover it from its storeage space and take a photo or two to show you.

The sad story is they also had 1 AR-LST speaker with it!
The AR amp was sitting on the speaker when I grabbed it.

Thinking on it the lady at the estate sale said the other speaker maybe in the garage, do you want that too?
I passed on it or them.
That was before I know about AR speakers.
I may have been able to get them as well, for a song.
I doubt anyone else THERE was interested in the speaker/s.
They are huge and the house was on a steep slope.
It would have been a work out getting them out of the house and on to a truck,
cause a car wasn't going to do it.
And to top it off I had driven my Silverado that day! o_O

Say, if I wanted to start getting my hands on some Dick's Picks volumes on CD, where's a good place to start? Sound quality is a priority, along with that ineffable value we ascribe to those very special sets of theirs. Ya feel me?

I can vouch for volume 16, which was recorded live in 1969 at the Fillmore Auditorium. The SQ is very good on this 3-cd set.

I'm back! Been all over East Texas, helping run points of distribution. Glad to be home. Went fishing today with my wife and dog. Enjoyed a good chaw (not something I've made a habit of, but seems to fit when I'm fishing or in my hammock). Now sippin' on some Ardbeg Uigeadail and jammin' some gosh damn Dead.
View attachment 1003166
Missed y'all.

Glad you're back.

Back
Top Bottom