What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

MI0000022156.jpg

A late post on this.

My AR is just like that one, with a wood enclosure as well.
Original as far as I know.
If it is not factory, then someone offered wood enclosures for it back in the day.
I picked mine up at an estate sale a few years ago.
It has a bit of a hot spot (darker wood) marking on the top if I recall.
I will need to un-cover it from its storeage space and take a photo or two to show you.

The sad story is they also had 1 AR-LST speaker with it!
The AR amp was sitting on the speaker when I grabbed it.

Thinking on it the lady at the estate sale said the other speaker maybe in the garage, do you want that too?
I passed on it or them.
That was before I know about AR speakers.
I may have been able to get them as well, for a song.
I doubt anyone else THERE was interested in the speaker/s.
They are huge and the house was on a steep slope.
It would have been a work out getting them out of the house and on to a truck,
cause a car wasn't going to do it.
And to top it off I had driven my Silverado that day! o_O
Ouch!:whip:

Was wondering why you guys stopped posting in the jazz thread. You both where posting great stuff. Is jazz really that expensive ? To me it's cheaper than other genres but can get expensive. I have a limit of about 15-20 per record. If it where more than that it would have to be quite special. The most I have paid for one record is 40 for my two Music Matters pressings. (40 each) Most jazz and any other records I buy are less than 10. I don't really seek out original or early pressings. I mainly pay attention to whats on the album and it's condition. But if one is going for early pressings and originals I can see it getting that way. Especially these days.

CD's range from a dollar to 10-15 for new if it's something I really want. I try not to spend more than 50-100 each month.

I try not to spend that a week. Last Saturday I spent $53
This weekend ?? Who knows

Back
Top Bottom