My Fisher museum could be destroyed by Irma

Steve;
Glad that you have survived and your house is intact. Now the process of putting everything back to normal can begin. It is a slow process, but you will make it OK.
Joe

Yeah, quite a task to get the Fisher fleet protected, but it gave me a chance to dust them off.

PARTY @ Steve's, Saturday. Everybody bring Chips and tools. He'll bring the Guacamole. :music::music: AND THE TUNES!:D

Happy you, the family, and the gear made it thru in good shape. My sister is in Tallahassee and she's up for it next.

Steve, rumor has it that Jupiter Fla will rebuild with a new power grid thats 210 in the European model...your 1800's will be ok though..:eek::p Al

Steve, rumor has it that Jupiter Fla will rebuild with a new power grid thats 210 in the European model...your 1800's will be ok though..:eek::p Al
I had been switching through my X-1000, 1800, and X-202B the past month or so listening to vinyl, last night I decided to use my X-202, it's amazing how good these amps are paired with Cornwall's. Still my favorite!

I'm still dealing with lost UPS packages from hurricane Harvey, the packages say on the tracking left at front door. so far a pair of tube amps and Mcintosh Preamp is lost.

Check this out!

Houston, TX, United States 09/11/2017 9:25 P.M. We're attempting to verify the package location. / Lost package investigation
09/11/2017 11:45 A.M. Delivered
09/11/2017 8:49 A.M. Out For Delivery Today
09/11/2017 1:43 A.M. Out For Delivery
Houston, TX, United States 09/09/2017 11:50 A.M. Arrival Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States 09/09/2017 2:23 A.M. Departure Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States 09/08/2017 1:59 P.M. Arrival Scan
Dallas, TX, United States 09/08/2017 1:19 P.M. Departure Scan
Houston, TX, United States 09/08/2017 11:00 A.M. Due to the impact of the hurricane, deliveries are delayed at this time.
Dallas, TX, United States 09/07/2017 10:43 A.M. Arrival Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States 09/07/2017 10:10 A.M. Departure Scan
09/07/2017 8:34 A.M. Arrival Scan

So glad you, your home, and your equipment came through the storm OK, Steve! We had plentiful rain all day yesterday, but the heavy wind and rain really didn't really reach us until about 7:00 PM last night. No damage, and never totally lost power, but it was blinking on and off so much that for all intents and purposes, the power was gone. Computers couldn't get restarted before it would blink off again, and the frig stayed in overload virtually all night. The biggest utility issue though has been the Internet, the connection of which has been more off than on numerous times over the past 24 hours -- but hopefully, it is all stabilizing now. Prayers and best wishes for all who were affected by the storm. My encounter was simply one of inconvenience -- pretty darn lucky compared to so many........

Dave

So glad you, your home, and your equipment came through the storm OK, Steve! We had plentiful rain all day yesterday, but the heavy wind and rain really didn't really reach us until about 7:00 PM last night. No damage, and never totally lost power, but it was blinking on and off so much that for all intents and purposes, the power was gone. Computers couldn't get restarted before it would blink off again, and the frig stayed in overload virtually all night. The biggest utility issue though has been the Internet, the connection of which has been more off than on numerous times over the past 24 hours -- but hopefully, it is all stabilizing now. Prayers and best wishes for all who were affected by the storm. My encounter was simply one of inconvenience -- pretty darn lucky compared to so many........

Dave
We lost power from 5:30 PM Sunday until 4:00 PM Monday, looks like winds reached 83 mph here. Power is still out all around us though, feeling pretty blessed at the moment. I have been helping neighbors put their fences back up and clear the downed trees, nothing like giving back to those in need. Those without power down here, I really feel for them, the heat and humidity are too much right now. This is the first time I can remember getting heat rash since I was a kid, Sunday night was no fun trying to sleep here, hope everyone else gets power back soon.

I'm still dealing with lost UPS packages from hurricane Harvey, the packages say on the tracking left at front door. so far a pair of tube amps and Mcintosh Preamp is lost.

Check this out!

Houston, TX, United States 09/11/2017 9:25 P.M. We're attempting to verify the package location. / Lost package investigation
09/11/2017 11:45 A.M. Delivered
09/11/2017 8:49 A.M. Out For Delivery Today
09/11/2017 1:43 A.M. Out For Delivery
Houston, TX, United States 09/09/2017 11:50 A.M. Arrival Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States 09/09/2017 2:23 A.M. Departure Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States 09/08/2017 1:59 P.M. Arrival Scan
Dallas, TX, United States 09/08/2017 1:19 P.M. Departure Scan
Houston, TX, United States 09/08/2017 11:00 A.M. Due to the impact of the hurricane, deliveries are delayed at this time.
Dallas, TX, United States 09/07/2017 10:43 A.M. Arrival Scan
Mesquite, TX, United States 09/07/2017 10:10 A.M. Departure Scan
09/07/2017 8:34 A.M. Arrival Scan
Amazing how the weather can effect so many things.

For future possible flooding events , vacuum sealing bags would be the best way to preserve your electronics and photos , then place the in a cabinet up high that is secure to a wall , or a good metal or plastic cooler chained so they can float but not escape . Also add some silicon gel pack for long time storage .

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.c...ium=shopping+engine&utm_campaign=bingshopping
https://ziploc.com/en/products/clos...e-bag-large-flat?cid=SEM_B_vacuum sealing bag

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...80&crid=1W3TMDPO1ASL&rh=i:aps,k:vacuum+sealer
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...id=3RB0ET3TBH6X&rh=i:aps,k:vacuum+sealer+bags
https://silicagelpackets.com/

Back
Top Bottom