It's working! Thank you everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Marantz

Thanks to all the help I have received here I was able to fix the problem, turns out it was the selector knob. I cleaned it again , gave it some turns and instant glory! It sounds so good with the imperial 6s I can't wait for my Son to come home and hear it he is going to be so excited! I also want to apologize for my inappropriate post and let everyone know I never felt I was being harrassed I kind of got a kick out of it really I am not easily offended and I have a crazy sense of humor so it's all good. I appreciate you all, you have done your good deed for the day and this stereo means a lot to my Son. His Father and I recently divorced and it's been hard on him and he really enjoys listening to his music. He is 10 and he loves 70s music not that rap crap his friends are into and I think that is very cool. I think I might have him join this site I think he could learn a lot and would enjoy it. Is there any age requirements on the site?

Thanks to all the help I have received here I was able to fix the problem, turns out it was the selector knob. I cleaned it again , gave it some turns and instant glory! It sounds so good with the imperial 6s I can't wait for my Son to come home and hear it he is going to be so excited! I also want to apologize for my inappropriate post and let everyone know I never felt I was being harrassed I kind of got a kick out of it really I am not easily offended and I have a crazy sense of humor so it's all good. I appreciate you all, you have done your good deed for the day and this stereo means a lot to my Son. His Father and I recently divorced and it's been hard on him and he really enjoys listening to his music. He is 10 and he loves 70s music not that rap crap his friends are into and I think that is very cool. I think I might have him join this site I think he could learn a lot and would enjoy it. Is there any age requirements on the site?
Glad that you got some real help despite the wankers that got involved in the mix, also glad that you're a real person. Does your son have a CD player and/or a turntable?

EDIT : Did I speak too soon? It's looking that way.

Last edited:

Good job Mom! My son was into the good stuff when he was 10 too. He got to skip school and attend his first concert at 7, Fleetwood Mac (original line up). Around age 13 it started to change and now at 16 he only listens to Rap and some Country. Enjoy it while you can!! Hopefully he is one that stays a rocker!! I heard they often come back around after high school / college though. We shall see.

Glad you got it all sorted out. Most people go for the obvious and blast the volume and balance pots with the Deoxit, but in my experience, those selector switches can be a real problem area on older receivers.

70s music, huh? Good kid. You're raising him right.

I was in a local Goodwill browsing the used record bins on Sunday and was pleasantly surprised to find decently clean copies two of my all time favorite albums: Supertramp - Crime of the Century and The Alan Parsons Project - I-Robot. I have had both albums since I bought them new back in the late 1970s, but at $2.99 each, I figured it was worth it to have a back up copy of each.

As I was leaving, a young boy, probably about 13 or 14 and his mom showed up. He was just getting into vinyl and I asked them if they'd be interested in the two albums I had picked out. I told them that not only is the music on these two albums very worthwhile, but the recording quality and mastering are also top notch. That these two albums are two must haves for anyone who wants to hear for themselves how good vinyl can sound. They eagerly took both and thanked me. I went home empty handed, but feeling good. As I said, I already have excellent copies of both, and think it was more important to pass them to a new enthusiast than have back up copies for myself.

If your son is into 70s music and has a turntable, I highly recommend both.

Not at all. It's one of the friendliest places on the internet due to the excellent moderation team.

Glad you're up and running!

I went back to catch up on the other threads since I posted this and I'm laughing now. It's true though, despite the very odd behavior sometimes exhibited in relation to female visitors with cute avatars that turn out to be actresses. :rflmao: [EDIT: case in point not yet mentioned: krzygrrl who said her avatar pic was her but it turned out to be actress Amy Smart in a bikini. She made 675 posts in 3 months then disappeared - but got a LOT of attention until someone pointed that out. Hilarious looking back on it but makes you wonder who they were and why. But it's all good, I'm not trying to stir the pot, just giving some history. :p]

We have one member I can think of who joined a decade ago in high school, now owns a house with a killer stereo and still hangs out at AK. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I went back to catch up on the other threads since I posted this and I'm laughing now. It's true though, despite the very odd behavior sometimes exhibited in relation to female visitors with cute avatars that turn out to be actresses. :rflmao: [EDIT: case in point not yet mentioned: krzygrrl who said her avatar pic was her but it turned out to be actress Amy Smart in a bikini. She made 675 posts in 3 months then disappeared - but got a LOT of attention until someone pointed that out. Hilarious looking back on it but makes you wonder who they were and why. But it's all good, I'm not trying to stir the pot, just giving some history. :p]

We have one member I can think of who joined a decade ago in high school, now owns a house with a killer stereo and still hangs out at AK. :thumbsup:
Lol I took my picture off my profile and put one of my kids!

What!! Seriously! Wish I had seen the profile pic

Her current avatar pic of "her kids" was lifted from a Swedish clothing site called i dig denim. She probably found it on Pinterest. If you don't know what that is, it's kind of like Audiokarma for women.

According to I dig denim's flickr stream, that photo was taken on June 19, 2011. Which means "her 10-year son" would have been 4 at the time. Evidently, he got into modeling at a very young age, half way around the world.

Apparently, he now lives in Sausalito, CA with his recently divorced mom and is very much into vintage audio gear and 70s music. For a 10-year old, he's led quite a life...

Last edited:
What!! Seriously! Wish I had seen the profile pic

idd1-590x368.jpg

From this website - http://itsfashionbaby.dk/

Could have been lifted from Pinterest too.

And is about to become 3 for 3 on locked threads...

Which is kind of unfortunate, as amongst all the noise, all three treads have actually included some worthwhile information for beginners troubleshooting issues with their audio gear.

Wow, Miss Psycho is on a roll.
Speakers, not his.
$780,000.00 home in Sausalito, not his.
Children, not his.

But we're being called names for being a bit smarter then most... constantly parroting the catchphrase of the site is pointless when everything you're working with is a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom