SANSUII BA-3000 PROBLEMS

Hmmmmm
Passive test ( s ) 2508 #2
Pull and test TR-03 & TR-04
Pull and test ZD-02
were R-05 & 06 replaced ?

I'm back and survived my adventure to the Missouri DMV. I am now a licensed driver for another 5 years (if I live that long). I will do these tests right now and get back to you in a few minutes. I guess your problems with your Vette is the batteries charging system. I use to build and race Altered's, Gasser's, and Funny Cars in Florida and California. Lions Drag Strip was my weekend home for years and years. Now due to my health I can't even get under my ridding mower to change the oil. I hate it.

Yes, I already replaced R-05 and R-06 with new 1% MF resistors on both boards. Mouser Electronics just emailed me with the tracking number for my huge order of MF resistors. They should be here tomorrow. I also purchased the cross ref. diodes to replace the ZD diodes if necessary. Now I wish I could find the 3 pin molex style connectors that go on the 2513 board. The previous owner had cut them off and soldered all the leads that go to the 2513 board. ZD-02 checked out just fine as did TR-03 and TR-04. TR-03 was hFE=131 and Vf=744. TR-04=hFE=106 and V=773. ZD-02 was Ir=5.9 um, UF=886 mv, and C=0 mf

Have R-12,13,23 & 24 changed out?
Passive test
Pull out TR-13 & 14 test
Test R17 ,18 & 20 if not changed out

Have R-12,13,23 & 24 changed out?
Passive test
Pull out TR-13 & 14 test
Test R17 ,18 & 20 if not changed out

I will go right now to see if those resistors have already been changed and if they haven't I will check them. I already tested TR-13 and found it to be good. I tested it because of the problem we had with in on #1-2508. I will test TR-14.

Here are your readings. R-12 has been changed for a MF. R13 is good R23 is good, R24 is good, R17 is good, R18 is good, and R20 is good. Both TR-13 and TR4 test good.

Here are your readings. R-12 has been changed for a MF. R13 is good R23 is good, R24 is good, R17 is good, R18 is good, and R20 is good. Both TR-13 and TR4 test good.

I meant to say TR-13 and TR-14 test good instead of TR-13 and TR-4 test good. If you get me some more requests in the next 5-10 minutes I should be able to get the results before I stop for dinner. I will be back after dinner about 6 PM Central Time.

well this one is a bit of a stinker.....
Passive test:
TEST TR 12 & 15
R-33,34 ( THAT 1 K IN THAT LADDER MARKED R-24 ) R-35

If all this checks out ok ( whch I think it will ) This points to a bad connection / cracked trace... let me review the notes & make a mark up sheet

Here's what I have so far :
Resistors
5,6 12,13,14,17, 18, 23 ,24 OK

Transistors
TR3,4, 13, 14 OK

ZD-02 OK

Waiting on:
TEST TR 12 & 15

questions
Did we test TR-11 & 16 ?

Current state
TR-11 collector + 77
TR-16 emitter - 80
ZD-02 V drop 6.5

Output
+ 6.9

Things that make me go HMMMMMMM
1) The balance of TR-11(C) & 16 (E) should not be that far away.. make me suspect of cold solder or funky edge connector. It's feeding right from the 85 volt rails with a 330 ohm in series...
2) The base of those 2 is being pulled to hard to common, ergo the low out...

Starting mark up sheet.... drilling back thru posts

I SCREWED UP!!!!!! At dinner I started wondering if I really checked TR-14 or did I check TR-4. I don't know why, but I thought I might have screwed up and sure enough, I DID!! TR-14 was horrible bad. After changing it for one of the cross ref. transistors here are the readings I now get from #2-2508. Big caps +70.8 & -70,8. B+- +87.3 & -87.4. Sixty (60 volt) section +70.8 & -70.8. Thirty-Five volt section +16.9 & -16.0. I just didn't get enough sleep.

well this one is a bit of a stinker.....
Passive test:
TEST TR 12 & 15

I just got your request to tes TR-12 & TR-15. Then I see you need a check on R-33 & R-34. I don't show where I tested TR-11 or TR-16 from all my notes so I will check those and everything mentioned here right now, and try to stay awake. I drinking a strong cup of coffee right now.

Well TR-14 is our first fail , and things are looking better.. I would prefer if you DIDN'T work tired... we can pick this up tomorrow

Well TR-14 is our first fail , and things are looking better.. I would prefer if you DIDN'T work tired... we can pick this up tomorrow

I'm fine now. I just had to get up 4 hours earlier than normal and do it without any coffee at all until near noon. This cup has my eyes wide open and I'm ready to re-roof the house right now.

All of the transistors and resistors checked just fine and R-33 is now a MF. All of my MF 1% resistors are to be here tomorrow. All of my stereo friends wanted everything I bought so I bought 100 to 150 of each value to be divided up among us. I had a big surprise during dinner (that is besides my screw up), one of my friends called and said that he has had a BA-2000 sitting in his closet for over 10 years and asked if I wanted it. Heck Yes I want it. A chance to try out what I have and am learning right now somewhere down the road after the 100 projects that I already have. I think I am caught up now with the readings you wanted. Bring it on. I'm hungry and could sure use a Biscuit (but that's probably out the window after this latest screw up.

BA 2K will be a bit of a wrestling match internally but hey GGGOOOAAALLLLLL !
Mike most of my mistakes are made when I'm tired then over caffinated !

So I can mark EVERY R on my sheet??

BA 2K will be a bit of a wrestling match internally but hey GGGOOOAAALLLLLL !
Mike most of my mistakes are made when I'm tired then over caffinated !

So I can mark EVERY R on my sheet??

Yes, I think so. Even if we missed one I will be replacing ALL of the rest of them with the 1% MF resistors tomorrow if I have the time. That is if UPS gets them here. They have been missing quite a few deliveries to me on time lately. Well, I guess we are taking the evening off so I will go do some more dressing of wires in this amp. I'm still trying to find some of the connectors used on the 2513 board. Mouser Electronics has ZILLIONS of different connectors and they don't call them what I call them so my searches are not working. I will keep trying to find the 3 pin and 2 pin variety this evening. If you know what they are called, please let me know.

Test TR 11 & 16??
Passive test:

TEST TR 12 & 15

Back
Top Bottom