What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Buddy Guy- Feels Like Rain(1993)
View attachment 1003618

Buddy covers John Hiatt's Feels Like Rain on this one. I thought for the longest time it was Buddy Guy's song but it isn't. Perfect song for him to cover though. Both versions are outstanding. Sorry if you realized this already but I know you been into the Hiatt recently so thought I'd make sure.

:beerchug:

An indiscretion, really. "Hmmm of satisfaction," although I must admit to never having heard the music...

GJ

No worries, I try to avoid jumping to conclusions which is why I asked. The album is them covering a bunch of old timey folk songs. They are from a musical family, and I was familiar with some of Petra Haden's work before I learned she was a triplet (She has an album where, using an 8 track tape recorder, she created an a capella version of the Who Sell Out, with her using her voice to reproduce the drums, guitars, vocals, etc. She even included the 'commericials').

Anyways, here is a link to their NPR Tiny Desk Concert if you want to hear what they are about (cannot access youtube at work):

http://www.npr.org/event/music/295293805/the-haden-triplets-tiny-desk-concert

175922fbffb29a78c9fd1a646094381a.jpg

Buddy covers John Hiatt's Feels Like Rain on this one. I thought for the longest time it was Buddy Guy's song but it isn't. Perfect song for him to cover though. Both versions are outstanding. Sorry if you realized this already but I know you been into the Hiatt recently so thought I'd make sure.

:beerchug:
I did not know that. So I looked and I do have Feels Like Rain on Hiatts' Best Of:thumbsup:Thank you for that
While listening to Buddy guy I checked the listings for AXS-TV and they are doing an hour on Disraeli Gears. So that's what I'm listening to now. Good stuff tonight. next ,1/2 hr of Roger Daltrey then 1/2 hr of The Doors then the movie The Song Remains The Same. Might have to hit Record.

Back
Top Bottom