How Long is it?

SuperjazzyJa

18 Wheel Member
Just for fun, I decided to calculate 100 years. PLEASE note that leap year occurs 25 times in 100 yrs and these figures reflect that. Hence, days being 36,525, NOT 36,500. Also, 3 out of 4 years are 52 weeks and one day. Leap year is 52 wks and 2 days.

100 years equals
1200 months
5219 weeks and 6 days
36,525 days
876,600 hours
52,596.000 minutes
3,155,760,000 seconds

I triple checked all of these calculations, especially the weeks

If anyone wants to do some calculations of other time frames, feel free. :thumbsup::beerchug:

I'm 65. Given my crappy state of health maybe 10 more years. That's probably 9 1/2 years longer than a lot of people are wishing for.

I hope and pray your health improves and you live a lot longer.

Regardless of how long anyone expects to live, anyone care to calculate some years?

I try my best to gauge time in a volumetric fashion instead of linearly.
Its difficult to do but when it works its fantastic.
It works great for my dogs so I'm thinking they're really on to something.

I hope and pray your health improves and you live a lot longer.

Regardless of how long anyone expects to live, anyone care to calculate some years?

I appreciate the sentiment, I really do. But, I've had a good life and with the current state of affairs death sometimes seems to be a preferable option. And if you remember, I don't believe in an afterlife so I'm afraid your prayers would be better for someone who believes. Those prayers might make someone feel better even while they fall on imaginary ears.

Welp, it appears that the current U.S. national debt, if paid off at a rate $1 per second, with no compounding interest (yeah I know that's silly, just roll with it), would take 629,250 years reach zero balance. :thumbsup:

No politics intended or implied. Just the first big number I thought of.

Welp, it appears that the current U.S. national debt, if paid off at a rate $1 per second, with no compounding interest (yeah I know that's silly, just roll with it), would take 629,250 years reach zero balance. :thumbsup:

No politics intended or implied. Just the first big number I thought of.

Well, there's not much reason to pay it off then because I'll bet that national debt that earth will be a distant memory in 629,250 years. NPI

37 of my 57 years have been bonus years. Some have been better than others, but they've all been on the right side of the grass. A few more would be cool, a few less and I wouldn't be writing this.

Just for fun, I decided to calculate 100 years. PLEASE note that leap year occurs 25 times in 100 yrs and these figures reflect that. Hence, days being 36,525, NOT 36,500. Also, 3 out of 4 years are 52 weeks and one day. Leap year is 52 wks and 2 days.

100 years equals
1200 months
5219 weeks and 6 days
36,525 days
876,600 hours
52,596.000 minutes
3,155,760,000 seconds

I triple checked all of these calculations, especially the weeks...
Well, you're off a bit. 36,525/7=5217.857, or 5,217 weeks and 6 days. Everything else looks good.

Well, clearly this thread went way off the tracks immediately. I suppose we'll have a very long and silly discussion about bacon now. :D

I usually use these sort of calculations to put the last hour at work into perspective vs the rest of my career. Especially when talking to younger employees.

Back
Top Bottom