It's working! Thank you everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
member joined and told some white lies, like the ones we see in ever score post and I should just follow the crowed and brand members with name calling and disrespect.

People that lie in every score post? The more you post the more desperate you appear, and at this point in the thread, that level of desperation is epic. Insulting other members is exactly what you are doing now and that fact is pretty revealing. Just give it up and let it go.

This was so fking obvious. I called it early, with vooris and BigElCat and the others.

I am laughin so hard.

4-2-7, I do love you man, but you did fall for it :) Hard. :)

Sorry, but I just don't see why what MM did is a big deal. S/he joined up, created a profile with a pic of a beautiful woman, s/he asked a question about speakers, and didn't follow up promptly. This is what started the whole CSI AK thing.

All of that stuff MM did happens all the time here and there is no drama. Why in this case is there such a to do about it? Maybe we should be thinking about how we treat women who join.

Come on man suck it up and laugh! You are just digging in deeper. Don't let your ego get in the way. It's ok that you aren't always right. Someone else saw what you did not. Big deal. Maybe by your choice but it is what it is. It means nothing in real life. Or here for that matter.

It's just a forum about music and a bunch of dudes playing with their toys!

You are both right. 427 is right to point out the strange reaction members had to MM. Fox, you are right that people need to lighten up.

Yeah your right, a member joined and told some white lies, like the ones we see in ever score post and I should just follow the crowed and brand members with name calling and disrespect.

Just an observation, you need to stop with the "score" bashing. I contribute to the Garage sale and Thrift store threads and we're just having fun over there. There is an element to this hobby where hunting for, finding, and bargaining for stuff is part of the fun. If you don't get it, fine but don't sit there and brand and disrespect us.

7ad.jpg

Just an observation, you need to stop with the "score" bashing. I contribute to the Garage sale and Thrift store threads and we're just having fun over there. There is an element to this hobby where hunting for, finding, and bargaining for stuff is part of the fun. If you don't get it, fine but don't sit there and brand and disrespect us.

BINGO

While I personally also don't really care about the actual identitity of a help-seeking person on a web forum, I nevertheless have a problem with made-up "pseudo-identities" - 'cause the lies involved to me aren't white lies, but just unnecessary lies, which do not only seem silly, but also let the suspicion arise, that the request for help is just made-up as well. And while helpful replies on a made-up request may still be helpful to other users some day, to me that's only a weak comfort compared to the the strong feeling that someone has stolen my attention, time and helpfulness for nothing.

Hence to me the relevant question would be, whether at least MM's requests for help were real. If so, I don't care who she (or he) actually is, because that doesn't really matter to me anyway - but if not, I think she (or he) should be banned from AK.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

edit: typo extermination - forgot a plural s...

Last edited:
While I personally also don't really care about the actual identitity of a help-seeking person on a web forum, I nevertheless have a problem with made-up "pseudo-identities" - 'cause the lies involved to me aren't white lies, but just unnecessary lies, which do not only seem silly, but also let the suspicion arise, that the request for help is just made-up as well. And while helpful replies on a made-up request may still be helpful to other users some day, to me that's only a weak comfort compared to the the strong feeling that someone has stolen my attention, time and helpfulness for nothing.

Hence to me the relevant question would be, whether at least MM's request for help were real. If so, I don't care who she (or he) actually is, because that doesn't really matter to me anyway - but if not, I think she (or he) should be banned from AK.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Exactly. I have a KR 4600 like the OP was saying she had trouble with and I was thinking about pulling it out and taking a couple pictures of where to spray the deoxit.......then I was just too lazy to do it.......one of a series of rare good decisions I have made!

Hence to me the relevant question would be, whether at least MM's request for help were real. If so, I don't care who she (or he) actually is, because that doesn't really matter to me anyway - but if not, I think she (or he) should be banned from AK.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

yep, I hear you.
The flip for that is the folks that start a tech question ("do you hear a difference with Cryo treated wire" - or something similar)
and then walk away, never reply back, and let the thread (and AK) go into full melt down. We know who they are, we have their (apparently) real user names,
and they do this kind of thing over and over again ... (Can I hook 2 pairs of speakers up to a single pair of terminals on my amp?).
Honestly, earnest people in all sincerity try and help them, yet they pull this stuff over and over and over again ...

Real people, acting like complete wankers ...

I won't go into the dumpster-divers vs the audiophiles of some mean threads ... serious class-warfare issues!

Like I say, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt ...but sometimes it does get old.

I won't go into the dumpster-divers vs the audiophiles of some mean threads ... serious class-warfare issues!

Like I say, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt ...but sometimes it does get old.

You just did get into it, who here said anything about "dumpster diving"? Garage sailing and thrifting are not the same as jumping into a dumpster. Maybe the issues arise due to the casual use of inappropriate language. Think about it: audiophile, there is a certain sophistication there vs. dumpster diver, very negative connotation there.
What do you expect when you casually insult people like that?

Sexykellso said, "White nights kicked up a lot of dust".

Is that a typo ? Could it be 'white knights' ?

It is a 'K' ! The crusade must continue.

I am just sitting here like 'Why haven't they torn apart our new member that is so enamored with amateur open baffle zenith amazings Nick for using some potentially criminal investor dude for his avatar?'.

My avatar should help you understand why I am rather resistant to getting into these goofy situations with the 'socially awkward'. ;)

Amateur open baffle zenith amazings Nick IS Miss Marantz.

Sexykelso is an anagram for Keyser Soze...or maybe not...I need some help here.

You just did get into it, who here said anything about "dumpster diving"? Garage sailing and thrifting are not the same as jumping into a dumpster. Maybe the issues arise due to the casual use of inappropriate language. Think about it: audiophile, there is a certain sophistication there vs. dumpster diver, very negative connotation there.

You do know some folks use Audiophile as a pejorative, right?

Frankly, I'm pretty sure I just said "Dumpster diving" - I confess!!
I've certainly dived in a dumpster and I've grabbed good stuff off the curb on trash day.
I'm no snob. My daddy grew up on a farm and I respect the value in things.
I don't take offense, none was meant.
I did not "casually insult people" ... check your baggage.
But just like you did, others get anxious and upset in those threads
It wasn't done as an insult, its a shame you took it as one.

Now ... please calm down.

I also said class warfare - they are simply words, no connotations or insults implied by me ...
I mentioned wire battles and class warfare as 2 things I have seen go ballistic here ...
My point was how some people start argumentative threads simply to watch others get into fights -
and how that amuses them. It does not amuse me, or amuse you, or amuse most of us here.

Folks who know me in real life will tell you I mean no harm -
but on the internet, no one knows what you REALLY mean -
its far too easy to misinterpret what people say, especially with a head full of baggage

Last edited:
yep, I hear you.
The flip for that is the folks that start a tech question ("do you hear a difference with Cryo treated wire" - or something similar)
and then walk away, never reply back, and let the thread (and AK) go into full melt down. We know who they are, we have their (apparently) real user names,
and they do this kind of thing over and over again ... (Can I hook 2 pairs of speakers up to a single pair of terminals on my amp?).
Honestly, earnest people in all sincerity try and help them, yet they pull this stuff over and over and over again ...

Real people, acting like complete wankers ...

Hey nothing really surprises me on an Internet forum these days after seeing what actual friends are willing post on facebook for all of our real friends to see!!

garagesailing.jpg

I've been a regular on many forums, even helped moderate a few, but never thought I'd see this sort of meltdown here on AK, as it is generally drama-free. This mess is giving me flashbacks to my years as a meta-editor at the Open Directory Project.

I guess I'll go on being as helpful and honest as possible and not biting the newbies here on AK, in spite of this.

I've been a regular on many forums, even helped moderate a few, but never thought I'd see this sort of meltdown here on AK, as it is generally drama-free. This mess is giving me flashbacks to my years as a meta-editor at the Open Directory Project.

I guess I'll go on being as helpful and honest as possible and not biting the newbies here on AK, in spite of this.

It's quarantined in a fairly organized fashion. It started about a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom