What could be improved in the audio world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ln Europe,we are living in a museum,the old world dying and the new struggling to find a form to express the energy of so many people.
American demographics changing rapidly,having its effect on popular culture,further removing it from European historic cultural vocabularies.Then theres Tech.This debate ranges far beyond its subject.ld suggest starting with Mcluhan,then on to French structuralists and post-modernists to even begin to understand whats happening to us.

ln Europe,we are living in a museum,the old world dying and the new struggling to find a form to express the energy of so many people.
American demographics changing rapidly,having its effect on popular culture,further removing it from European historic cultural vocabularies.Then theres Tech.This debate ranges far beyond its subject.ld suggest starting with Mcluhan,then on to French structuralists and post-modernists to even begin to understand whats happening to us.

The beauty of Internet

Serious paradigm shift in Europe with the influx of immigrants. The struggle there is to maintain identity? When you say "us", are you referring to Americans or Europeans? In terms of post modernism, it appears that if this forum is an example, we are a ship without an anchor lost at sea.

The only thing perpetual about culture is change, and old people hate change.

Which is understandable, to a point. Lots of things where "easier" or "simpler" back "then". You could be in a trade and actually own a home. Kids didn't have debt up their a$$ for "college".

Its why many parents don't want their kids to go their own way fully - what they "saw with their own eyes" is what makes them and their truth up and contributes to being scared of changes. A different path than the one they took can be scary.

Some old people hate change. Maybe even a lot of old people hate change. But not all old people -- and for the sake of argument, I include myself here -- hate change.

At least... Not all change.

How old are you?

If I had to guess, from your open way of thinking - <45

Serious paradigm shift in Europe with the influx of immigrants. The struggle there is to maintain identity? When you say "us", are you referring to Americans or Europeans? In terms of post modernism, it appears that if this forum is an example, we are a ship without an anchor lost at sea.
This thread is a ship without a rudder..

The problem with what an artist can express to the masses, that act and behave too much alike is the music industry itself to include the manufacturing companies that sell electronic equipment and design software. What people do for money.....that influences our choices. There have been artists that were producers putting out their own music, but only a few intelligent knowledgeable people are able to involve themselves in that method. So many people to include artists feel they are entitled to do the least as possible to get the money they think they deserve. Then there is the actual problem of reaching an informed intelligent public that isn't led astray by social media. Too many things and people (sadly without them actually knowing it) are manipulated and controlled by big money. Groups like U2 and others have tried to raise awareness only to have their influence shuttered by corporate propaganda so that many will always be under their influence. In this day and age there are few concerned intelligent individuals and so many lost to main stream enticements that promise the moon for the convenience of doing less... Then if artists started to point at the ills of society...who would listen ?

Sounds of Silence !

I tend to give my fellow man a little more credit for intelligence than do you. Sure, there is a lot of ignorance in the world, but I meet hardworking, intelligent people every day. Culture, customs and mores are part of human civilization and exert at least as much influence as any corporation. Control is illusory. My point-oh-two.

Serious paradigm shift in Europe with the influx of immigrants. The struggle there is to maintain identity?
No, no problem at all, unless you define your identity around reactionary thinking, neurotic preservation of frozen tradition, and some bigoted, narrow-minded, intolerant insistence on "no @£$%!! immigrants!"

Hey now.

Superamp ain't no idiot. I do want to discuss, which won't be possible when the thread is locked! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom