SANSUII BA-3000 PROBLEMS

Those connectors are NLA
What is available is
FEMALE SHELLS that are close
the pins are
here is the but.. the spacing on the females are slightly larger.. so 2 pin connectors are ok but to do a 3 = a 2 +1
Ive never had to look for males since they were left in the board (s)

Those connectors are NLA
What is available is
FEMALE SHELLS that are close
the pins are
here is the but.. the spacing on the females are slightly larger.. so 2 pin connectors are ok but to do a 3 = a 2 +1
Ive never had to look for males since they were left in the board (s)

I don't need any of the male connectors because like you said, they were left on the board. They just lost or took them off and then soldered the wires directly to the male pins on the board. I will check right now to see if I can get them thru Mouser. Thanks a lot.

If you look at an old CA-3000 post I did here... you can see the cut down versions...
Like many I got MOLEX MOLESTED !

Clues on Molex replacement connectors: ( scroll down a bit )
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/au-9900-pcb-connector-blocks.398717/#post-9626896

Note I get the larger ones 8 or 10 pin and cut em down with an air cutoff wheel and a REALLY thin disc .040

It looks to me like they are being marketed under Dupont wire jumpers. They look the same but as you said, I will have to use 1x1 and 1x2 pin female connectors because the spacing isn't the same due to the stagger on the 3 pin variety. Thanks for saving me a bunch more looking.

I am here now. My large box of MF resistors just got here from Mouser. I think on one of your last posts you said you thought it might be a cold solder joint or broken trace. You can rule out a cold solder joint. I just DO NOT make cold solder joints and always fix any that I see so I think you are right, it is very likely a broken trace. I will have to really look hard at #2-2508 to see if I can see something that doesn't look right. You would think after as many times as I have looked at these darn boards that I would have seen a broken trace.

Your other option is watch E bay auctions, I have seen internal Sansei harnesses being parted out the AU-717 uses similar connectors... I'm here now

Your other option is watch E bay auctions, I have seen internal Sansei harnesses being parted out the AU-717 uses similar connectors... I'm here now

Ok. I got all the MF resistors put away in their bins now and they are ready to replace all of the rest of the 2508 boards resistors (2) and all of the 2507 boars resistors (4). i just love those small 1/2 Watt MF resistors. They don't clutter the boards near as much.

Here is an idea Mike. What are your thoughts on me just stopping and replacing all of the resistors out on both 2508 and 2507 boards before we go any further. I would eliminate pulling resistors to no end and testing them. We will now that caps and resistors are not the problems on any of the boards because they will have ALL been changed out. Also, while replacing the resistors I can really watch closely for any problems with broken traces AND for the possibility that two solder connections got wrongly connected to each other. I will not be here tomorrow at all as I must mow my 10 acres or get a bunch of goats. The grass is getting so tall that it is not looking good. I have been expecting my neighbors to come over and ask if I want them to mow it for me thinking I am either back in the VA hospital or sick in bed.

Your thoughts? If you want to proceed, that is fine with me too.

Any WHOLESALE change out has minor issues
1) Assuming all the resistors are in spec
2) Possible mix up
3) Learning what ACTUALLY blew up
4) moving to fast and making possible other things go BOOM

Your stuff, your call

Oh, and by the way, I have several sources for Sansui parts so I have feelers out for these connectors. I'm sure I will find some fairly soon. I don't particularly like any of the alternatives so I will just wait for the right ones.

I think we left off here
Test TR 11 & 16??
Passive test: 2508 #2

TEST TR 12 & 15
R-33,34 ( THAT 1 K IN THAT LADDER MARKED R-24 ) R-35

Back in 10 ( pest feeding time )

No, not PEST feeding time, PET (best friend time) I think. We use to foster a lot of animals for a lot of years here on our property. Usually ended up adding the fosters to our family. We are down to 3 older dogs and 3 medium aged cats. At one time we had 6 dogs and 6 cats. Our vet bills really put a dent in our income.

OH I love em to death BUT round feeding time... they have odd behavior... like a 5yr old... with " are we there yet ?"

Back
Top Bottom