Your Last Concert (or two)

WOW - I googled it and found "The concert was Morrison's lone East Coast date in 2017 and marked the first time the singer and Nelson have shared the stage."
Sounds VERY cool!! Kudos!

Our tickets were only $25 each! We weren't up front but we didn't care.

Our tickets were only $25 each! We weren't up front but we didn't care.

I'm 10 miles away and didn't know about it. It doesn't seem like it was promoted.

qo_DmEGVn1MpUcFp_nLCyLijSVVWpvK3--58u99CURB97jTZVxnIttIzABpl2xXOsNai3lMc_KvgES8ghRj_Tclnnot_LibynlBzRgkOIiHFH2FRqPindzj3s8PT5qK0sRlgiS69_FiC3oQy2yCQiFi1lLBby1_AX5amiwlGDIkEie2wj9eVxoZtfrfBBtRNx8c-f3WrsiOHaRcl34Occ0rBRXSNDkK8VoCW1x3Og-t-O-wrpaIjJ39HLOGrWQDr50ss7VNO3rzp5V6u7B83UlUJGUpw9_hQXIE4u5BZ3L6WFV1Fm3YS1E2WHJqsEWuTE1w-0lOAxO59CDgmzwCoSyniwDNGSAm_wpHlLQeA3j5z3mhU6rBqM8xlvUMDGIRxNnho2awKXg6hHtpGV39k-YFDvEGYu-1NcFgNL_gyGBfHQUJn7rD9LGXYRdG4ZYpyl0mMqC_voBIq3PJt-Z0Qvy67uAblbLtuNf4b642k2CeX1bx_yLQX_39UnjyLSk4JLXyYRgtFVf-jybVY5oKjW0LCU1KjwJH54CNxCwxhlE8SpNBCjNxr3QT5sS8q4fzPR4IN6yKBqQGcZF3otphLyulWm0xc4slSCGpPtzB85yQEFSGDTS7yJi5--OfHD7q1YN2ZGXgjJelewVZkskCmYZMH29LVBQdBtD9fwBGcEsu3tTCXDzpdmVkUsp1m-A=w1020-h726-l75-ft

Last edited:
I'm 10 miles away and didn't know about it. It doesn't seem like it was promote

qo_DmEGVn1MpUcFp_nLCyLijSVVWpvK3--58u99CURB97jTZVxnIttIzABpl2xXOsNai3lMc_KvgES8ghRj_Tclnnot_LibynlBzRgkOIiHFH2FRqPindzj3s8PT5qK0sRlgiS69_FiC3oQy2yCQiFi1lLBby1_AX5amiwlGDIkEie2wj9eVxoZtfrfBBtRNx8c-f3WrsiOHaRcl34Occ0rBRXSNDkK8VoCW1x3Og-t-O-wrpaIjJ39HLOGrWQDr50ss7VNO3rzp5V6u7B83UlUJGUpw9_hQXIE4u5BZ3L6WFV1Fm3YS1E2WHJqsEWuTE1w-0lOAxO59CDgmzwCoSyniwDNGSAm_wpHlLQeA3j5z3mhU6rBqM8xlvUMDGIRxNnho2awKXg6hHtpGV39k-YFDvEGYu-1NcFgNL_gyGBfHQUJn7rD9LGXYRdG4ZYpyl0mMqC_voBIq3PJt-Z0Qvy67uAblbLtuNf4b642k2CeX1bx_yLQX_39UnjyLSk4JLXyYRgtFVf-jybVY5oKjW0LCU1KjwJH54CNxCwxhlE8SpNBCjNxr3QT5sS8q4fzPR4IN6yKBqQGcZF3otphLyulWm0xc4slSCGpPtzB85yQEFSGDTS7yJi5--OfHD7q1YN2ZGXgjJelewVZkskCmYZMH29LVBQdBtD9fwBGcEsu3tTCXDzpdmVkUsp1m-A=w1020-h726-l75-ft

Bummer. There were people there I saw from NY, VA, MD, NJ. More people than I have ever seen at a concert there. I guess they didn't need to?

Not a huge fan of that venue to say the least but had to go to see Van.

Where do you live? I'm in Mechanicsburg.

Bummer. There were people there I saw from NY, VA, MD, NJ. More people than I have ever seen at a concert there. I guess they didn't need to?

Not a huge fan of that venue to say the least but had to go to see Van.

Where do you live? I'm in Mechanicsburg.

Lebanon.

Was it the stadium? The new arena? The old arena?

Lebanon.

Was it the stadium? The new arena? The old arena?

Stadium. The arena isn't bad. Saw Chris Stapleton there last month and it was awesome!

I'm just not really into big venues these days. I would rather go to Ramshead Onstage or Sellersville Theater.

Stadium. The arena isn't bad. Saw Chris Stapleton there last month and it was awesome!

I'm just not really into big venues these days. I would rather go to Ramshead Onstage or Sellersville Theater.

Federal Taphouse on 2d Street in Harrisburg is a nice small venue with decent acoustics. They get some decent acts from time-to-time. I've seen the Smithereens and Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas there, and both sounded great. No seating, though.

Federal Taphouse on 2d Street in Harrisburg is a nice small venue with decent acoustics. They get some decent acts from time-to-time. I've seen the Smithereens and Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas there, and both sounded great. No seating, though.

Yea been there. Don't go downtown that much anymore. This venue gets some cool shows. Check it out. Going to see Rev Horton Heat and Jr. Brown in Dec. http://www.harrisburgarts.com/calendar/

Abbey Bar gets some good acts too but I hate that venue. The worst of the small venues here IMO. http://abcbrew.com/events/

September 18, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Foxing
Tigers Jaw
Manchester Orchestra

I was working the green rooms. Tigers Jaw were really a-holes. IMO of course. Edit: I looked at their Wiki page. The group is really 2 musicians that hire out others to tour with. I'm sure they'll be making more changes next time around.

Last edited:
We spent 2 days at the Bristol Rhythm & Roots Festival. Among many others, we saw Deer Tick, Dwight Yoakam, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Billy Strings, Love Canon, Colter Wall, Jerry Douglas, American Aquarium, and the Cactus Blossoms.

I saw U2 last week at the superdome, great show.

I saw Trouble in Lombard IL last month. Those guys sounded incredible and rocked the roof off of the little bar they were playing in.

September 20, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Morgan Saint
Goldfrapp - Silver Eye World Tour

San Francisco String Trio at the Freight and Salvage, Berserkely for a CD release "party". Mads Tolling on Violin, Mimi Fox on guitar and Jeff Denson on bass doing jazzy versions of songs from Sgt. Peppers. I was not thrilled by the idea of it, especially on a work night, but I took one for the team and went anyway. Very glad I did! I know Mads Tolling well, but Mimi Fox on guitar was new to me and really a revelation. They approached the songs from a lot of different angles, and there were times I struggled to recognize them, but all in all a great show.

September 23, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Lo Moon
Ride

I'm on a 7 day run, lots of good stuff coming up.

Foghat, and Blue Oyster Cult. Foghat rocked harder, but BOC was more musical. I'd like to go see King Krimson in late November. Problem is my wife cannot relate to ANY of the music I listen to, so, I would either go solo, or not at all. How times change. Back in the mid 70's to mid 80's, their was always 5-6 of us packed into a car going to a concert somewhere. Sometimes we took 2 cars. :(

Back
Top Bottom