Tried my best to resist but caved in the end...today's arrivals :-)

First listening impressions: percussion sounds incredible. The 4435's already did this well but it's like having a drummer in my living room!

View attachment 1003688 View attachment 1003689

Noticed these pop up locally on CL last night and picked them up today. Only really wanted the amp but got such a crazy deal on the MCD500 I couldn't refuse. Ordered a Schiit Eitr USB to Spdif so I can use the MCD as my main dac...must admit it's kinda fun to have a CD player in the house again...looking forward to finding out what all the fuss is about concerning the MC452 and the rave reviews it has garnered from members and the media alike...here's looking at you @kevzep :beerchug:

Hahaha!!! That is awesome man!! You'll never need to buy another amplifier again....

I'll have a read if the rest of the thread, the 452 is something you'll never get sick of.......I love mine, its not going anywhere!!

Hahaha!!! That is awesome man!! You'll never need to buy another amplifier again....

I'll have a read if the rest of the thread, the 452 is something you'll never get sick of.......I love mine, its not going anywhere!!
Never buy another... amplifier? I don't understand what those words mean in that order...

Oh have you not heard? The MC452 is the cure!!
Gotta say @kevzep I'm mighty impressed so far and I've only got a few old cds to test it with till I can get the USB->Spdif hooked up on Friday and unleash my digital library for a proper reference session! Got so close to buying one last year and ended up with the 275 mkVI which I regretted as it just wasn't a great match for my speakers.

Gotta say @kevzep I'm mighty impressed so far and I've only got a few old cds to test it with till I can get the USB->Spdif hooked up on Friday and unleash my digital library for a proper reference session! Got so close to buying one last year and ended up with the 275 mkVI which I regretted as it just wasn't a great match for my speakers.

You wait, the more you listen the more you'll like it....Its sooooooo velvet, you turn it up and it just gets better.....

Nice buy! I love my 452. Does a damn fine job powering my modern 4365's. I doubt I'll ever sell that amp, but...............

I'll probably never have the money, but........

If I did....

A set of 601 mono blocks and a pair of JBL Everest (in maple.) would be my dream, but.....

I'm thankful for what I have now.

Back
Top Bottom