And ol' Stagger Lee
Don't ya bet your money
If you can't afford to lose
Man, you should've heard him
Play them Monday Morning Blues

Could hardly find
My monday morning shoes

:(

I think this is probably Uriah Heep's best. They were on the verge of their formula (which was a pretty great one), but just a little more experimental and free. Of course their live album from a little later just *flays* me.
They had a lot of good albums, Salisbury is fantastic too and then Demons and Wizards which was considered by the band their masterpiece,their Machinehead. I saw The Magicians Birthday tour at the Fox theatre in Long Beach .ca. I was on Lsd,amazing concert Lee Kerslake was crammed into his drum kit and played the drums with robotic efficiency, Ken Hensley's moog was blasting holes into the darkness and we sat right behind the mixing board. Gary Thains hulking figure coming up to the end of the stage thumping the bass with a grin from ear to ear. The lead vocalist who's name escapes me was spot on. Gotta tell Vinyl is the way to go with Look at Yourself cause the import cd is dreadful.

Fantastic album!!

Simone recently tweeted that Sheryl Crow would be turning in her grave if she found out kid rock was running for governor ( forgot what he is running for)... nonetheless, she responded "I'm still alive asshole"!!! Haha!!

Kind Regards,
John
Picked this up at Guitar Center tonight (almost bought Albert King and Stevie Ray, but went with this instead).

Now Playing: Various Artists, "Great Guitars at Sun"

View attachment 1004392

View attachment 1004393

Nice remastering on this one. CD sounds great.

I might squeeze another one in before bed. But pretty soon, I'll be
looking like this:

View attachment 1004395

Sorry, no socks ;) ...

GJ

No need to apologize. Bare feet are almost as common on this thread as DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.

Back
Top Bottom