Vincent SV-237 Your Thoughts Plus A Couple Of Questions

Hello..
Thanks for reply...
I contacted Vincent shop.co.uk and they have confirmed that the remote is exactly the same for the 236 and the 237 and looking at pics at website the remote model is SYR-A so they are the same.I hooked the Vincent up tonight and there's no problem with manually adjusting the volume so in my mind it's definitely the remote.I would imagine that the problem still exists on the 237 .Apart from that minor niggle I'm enjoying the Vincent.....I'd forgotten how enjoyable it is.
Oh cool! Are you in the UK? What else do you have in your hifi system?

Oh cool! Are you in the UK? What else do you have in your hifi system?
Hello...
Yes I'm in the UK.I currently have two systems though only one is set up and in use.Thats the one with the oppo bdp 105d,the Vincent sv236mk (since yesterday),audio technica lp120 USB and acoustic Zen adagio speakers..The other system consists of the MF M6i,amp, Cambridge audio Azure 840c,and quad 22l speakers.Like a few here though I've used a lot more over the years and regretted getting rid of some of them.

Hi guys, sorry to interrupt your conversation, after +- 2 months of googling about 237, this came up to be very best thread and community about that amp.

I am pretty hyped for it now and i will buy it in coming months.
I decided to pair it with Dali Mentor 6 which i was lucky to find in one of our local dealer currently for about 50% discount now..

I would like to ask you experienced users if you have recommendation about some NOS tubes to switch for the stock ones.
I would like warm sound, so i expect Mullard should be ok, but nowadays, there is plenty of mullards, but most of them new ones made in Russia (Russian tube factory bought Mullard)..
I am asking here cuz i would like to hear some recommendation relevant to 237 - concrete types and models what you heard in this amp..
I heard you can swap even for some limited different types of tubes...

Thank you in Advance! (Sorry for my not perfect english :) )
Michal.

I've never heard the Vincent but I'm familiar with the Dali Mentor line: They're some of the best I've heard! Congrats on obtaining such a great speaker.

Is anyone familiar with the Vincent Audio SA 31 Hybrid Stereo Preamp? I just bought an Odessey Khartago amp and loking for a tube preamp for my Tekton 4 ohm speakers.

Is anyone familiar with the Vincent Audio SA 31 Hybrid Stereo Preamp? I just bought an Odessey Khartago amp and loking for a tube preamp for my Tekton 4 ohm speakers.

I've had the SA-31 and the SA-31 MK. The SA-31 is an incredible value and definitely has the Vincent house sound. The SA-31 MK is a bit more refined and offers more details, but the main reason I upgraded was because it has a remote. I've decided that I've just got to have a remote at this stage of laziness. Mine have been paired with a Vincent SP-331 amp and every time I've tried a so-called upgrade I've sold the new gear and stuck with the Vincents.

I've no idea if the Vincent preamps would mate well with the Odessey; you'll need to check the output impedance of the pre vs. the input impedance of the amp. It likely won't be an issue but you just need to ensure that the preamp's output will drive the Odyssey. Here's a suggestion I lifted from Audiogon:

"When matching preamps to power amps, a general rule of thumb is for the load (amp) input impedance to be at least 10 times higher than the source (preamp) output impedance to provide a suitably flat frequency response. Many prefer using a minimum ratio closer to 20 to 1, or having an amp with input impedance 20 times or more greater than the preamp output impedance."

Last edited:
How reliable are Vincent products long term?

I have heard they sound nice and the build quality is very high. However, it would be interesting to hear from original owners of the 236 integrated and perhaps their CD players who have a few years with these units.

Hi.

I have been looking around for some info regarding my Vincent SV-237 but haven´t been lucky.

I have a noise issue on my amp. The noise is very low and sound like wind/air sound like and come from the mid range element of my 3-way speakers.

The noise can only be heard when you put your ear close to the element and no music is playing, Once when there is music on the noise can´t not be heard. I have tried another pair of speakers and same issue occurs there.

I have tried to disconnect all devices and only have the speakers connected to the amp but same noise and issue exist.

My question is, Do you (owner of Vincent SV amp) experience same issue? Or maybe my amp is faulty?

BR

Hung

Hi.

I have been looking around for some info regarding my Vincent SV-237 but haven´t been lucky.

I have a noise issue on my amp. The noise is very low and sound like wind/air sound like and come from the mid range element of my 3-way speakers.

The noise can only be heard when you put your ear close to the element and no music is playing, Once when there is music on the noise can´t not be heard. I have tried another pair of speakers and same issue occurs there.

I have tried to disconnect all devices and only have the speakers connected to the amp but same noise and issue exist.

My question is, Do you (owner of Vincent SV amp) experience same issue? Or maybe my amp is faulty?

BR

Hung
I would try some different tubes and see if there is a change.

Hi.

BR

Hung
I have a SV-236 and I can only hear something similar at high volume with nothing playing, don't hear anything at normal or loud listening volumes when playing music so not a problem. Maybe a function of the tubes, or perhaps the quality of the power perhaps?

I have a SV-236 and I can only hear something similar at high volume with nothing playing, don't hear anything at normal or loud listening volumes when playing music so not a problem. Maybe a function of the tubes, or perhaps the quality of the power perhaps?

Hi.

I am more on the tubes, I was at the local Hifi store and listened to another SV-237 amp and they have exactly the same issue even thu they were using all kind of powercleaning devices. I know that 236 have another type of stock tubes than 237.

SV-236 have three 12ax7 tubes and sv-237 have one 12ax7 tube and two 6n1p-ev tubes ( all chinese tubes). So maybe the differencies are in the tubes? I will report back with the result once I have change tubes for my amp.

And ty for your replay.

I have the sv-237MK, now with digital and optical ports instead of the USB. Which has been great for Sonos as it seems to sound better than the rca inputs.

I'm curious to see if anyone has rolled the 6n1p-ev's with 6922, 7308 or 6BQ7A?

There's an interview with the designer stating that you can use 6BQ7A's with no modifications and lots of buzz on using 6922's but I cannot find any single post where someone said they used a 6922 (which seems to be loved) or a 6BQ7A. Nor can I find from audio advisor or any other retailer if the plate has 130 volts or more.

Anyone have any info on these? Or has anyone rolled this with succes?

FYI. Just received this from Vincent so posting it here. This relates to the new SV-237MK

You can't replace the tube by 6922 or 7308 tube. You always have to use 6N1P tube.

This was a limited edition in the past. On the current SV-237MK you can't use the 6BQ7 tube.

The plate is 139V

Please note, our engineer has choosen the tubes very carefully. The circuit is especially designed for the tubes we use. We really recommend not to change the tubes of the SV-237MK

Anyone looking for a 237 should check Audio Advisors site. They have two silver faced amps for a great price.

One question about the 237 mk. When connecting two pairs of speakers, can you select between each pair, or do both run simultaneously? Is there an ability to play a, b or a/b?

One question about the 237 mk. When connecting two pairs of speakers, can you select between each pair, or do both run simultaneously? Is there an ability to play a, b or a/b?
Both run simultaneously. There is no option to switch between pairs.

Great thread here. I currently run Audio Refinement (YBA) separates and would really like to try any of the Vincent SV amps with 6 analog inputs (226, 226MK, 236) as I need that many for my 2 channel AV system. Anyone know of one of these rare beasts for sale? Here is a current pict of my system, which includes a modified Rega RP6 (GT ref subplatter and AT-33PTG/II low MC), ProAc Studio 148s and Mogami / KLEI wire.

system.jpg

Back
Top Bottom