New England Fall FrankenFest Saturday September 30th is in Clinton (!)

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
As we all know Frank - our gracious host - passed away recently.

His family would like to host a final FrankenFest at his shop in Clinton.

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

The purpose of this is:
1 - to honor Frank's legacy
2 - to pass on the balance of Frank's collection.
3 - raise money for a
college fund for Frank's grandchildren.

We will be having a silent auction where there will be a minimum price set for the remaining items.
You will be able to sign the sheet with your bid.

At a preset time (2PM) bidding will end and the winners will pay and collect their items.

The proceeds - and any other donations will go to a college fund for the grandkids.

We will post a link to a list of the items that are still available.

Be advised that some items (and much of the equipment) have already been sold off.

As a result there is significant space in the shop for our normal activities and display space.

While the focus is to sell off Frank's treasures you will still be free to sell / trade / give away your own items as in the past.

I would hope that everyone would consider contributing part of your revenues to the fund.

Major thanks to Brian aka baco99 for his work for in getting this put together.
Also thanks for Daren aka TaylorPlayer for assisting with the sorting and cleanup effort.
Brian will be taking over some of Frank's projects with the goal of offering them for sale and contributing money to the fund.

The event will start at 10 AM at the usual location and at this point plan for the silent auction bidding to conclude at 2pm.

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over by the railroad tracks.

I'd like to encourage everyone to put a link to this post in their signature line - spread the word.

We need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street.

These events run smoothly with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards.
Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebie tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.
No charges or fees for anyone to buy, sell, or display - we do it for the love.

More details to follow as they get finalized.

Here's the link to the (Subscribers only) Barter Town thread:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/new-england-frankenfest-buy-sell-free-thread-in-clinton-sat-9-30.787754/

Last edited:
This is a terrific thing to do for Frank's family.
I'm sad to say, I cannot make this because of previous plans the weekend of the gathering.
Will there be a list of items to place a absentee bid-offer on if not present?

Cudos to Brian and Jim for putting this last meet in Clinton together. I'll certainly miss Frank and the shop, and the old building.

Glenn

This is a terrific thing to do for Frank's family.
I'm sad to say, I cannot make this because of previous plans the weekend of the gathering.
Will there be a list of items to place a absentee bid-offer on if not present?

Cudos to Brian and Jim for putting this last meet in Clinton together. I'll certainly miss Frank and the shop, and the old building.

Glenn

We could talk about that. I plan to publish a list of gear on Google docs for public viewing, but the name of the game is to make this process easier for the family and not harder. So, holding gear may not work out. But not ruling it out if it brings them more $$$. Incidentally, Daren and I have been testing gear to the best of our abilities on short time. Descriptions like "Powers Up but No Sound", or "Works OK" are the level of detail you will get. Items will be AS-IS, but at the same time, we have done some research and know where the values should be. Frank amassed a notable collection of CONCEPT gear, and it's good, rare, and for the most part, working. Expect to open your wallets....That said, the family may elect to lift reserves if they think the bidding is close, or stalled.

We could talk about that. I plan to publish a list of gear on Google docs for public viewing, but the name of the game is to make this process easier for the family and not harder. So, holding gear may not work out. But not ruling it out if it brings them more $$$. Incidentally, Daren and I have been testing gear to the best of our abilities on short time. Descriptions like "Powers Up but No Sound", or "Works OK" are the level of detail you will get. Items will be AS-IS, but at the same time, we have done some research and know where the values should be. Frank amassed a notable collection of CONCEPT gear, and it's good, rare, and for the most part, working. Expect to open your wallets....That said, the family may elect to lift reserves if they think the bidding is close, or stalled.
Thanks Brian.
I would not want to add any complexities to this, just figured I'd ask.
I'd only bid on something I'd be interested in, and someone from my area attending could pony express to NY.
Glenn

I am just down the road, if you need a hand moving stuff about, PM me...

And don't worry guys, I am not competition...SWMBO thinks I am full up and (shudder!) I probably have to agree with her:oops:

I should be able to make it, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I'm not as close as either Bill, but I'd be willing to lend a hand with things if my car manages to survive the Kutztown trip this weekend. ***KNOCK ON WOOD***
-Adam

I will be there to lend a hand and celebrate a life worth living, although I really do not need anything more. I am blessed with my friendship with Frank and his family, and also the physical items that have given me much pleasure. One in particular from Frank. I believe Joanne will join me, as she has done for last 5 years, most of the time.

And for the last time, I will grill in the parking lot.Frank left some coal and a grill in the hallway. People get hungry!

He will be missed! I hope we can keep his fest going for many years to come!
Agree! It's been a great pleasure to get to meet and know you all and look forward to continuing the tradition!

Please make sure to post lots of pics!

Glenn

I'm so sorry to hear of Franks passing...he was a kind and gracious man.
I won't be able to attend this gathering, but i'm glad i was able to spend some time with him at the previous Frankenfest.
I don't need more gear...but is there a place to make donations to his family ?

I don't need more gear...but is there a place to make donations to his family ?

There is, or there will be some kind of a trust for his grandkids. I don't know if it's been set up yet. Will ask the question next time I see his family.

This will definitely be a special day. It was strange to walk into the shop without Frank's personality there to fill the space, but in a way, you could still feel his presence.

Looking forward to seeing many of your on the 30th.

-Daren

It would be a great way to remember Frank!
Wish I could make it, but my first (and only) granddaughter has her first birthday on the same day.

Rip Frank. I just re upped my membership in order to see when the next event was an saw the news. I only made it to one other fest and only spoke briefly with Frank but he was a great asset to the community.

I just checked in to see whether there would be a fall gathering only to read the news about Frank's passing. I am saddened to hear about this turn of events and will be honored to attend on the 30th. My gratitude for his contributions is endless. I would never had the opportunity to meet so many of you if not for Frank's contributions.

I have a bunch of equipment I'd like to donate to Frank's cause. Is that acceptable? Some are projects but others are working. I'd also pay to have some pieces worked on and donate to the cause as well. Anyone game?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom