ADS-910's

Stock are 50uf 150v, I got 50uf 160v from WJOE radio. There are 2 wires that connect to the xover board, they just slip over a small post. And also a small metal clip that holds it in place. Are you looking for pics of the connectors that slide over the post?

Stock are 50uf 150v, I got 50uf 160v from WJOE radio. There are 2 wires that connect to the xover board, they just slip over a small post. And also a small metal clip that holds it in place. Are you looking for pics of the connectors that slide over the post?
The metal clip that holds it in place.
Thanks!

Hey gents!
There's a very nice set of 910's on the bay with LEDs, original Tri-amp cards and external crossovers. A decent price considering what you're getting, but they are complete with badges and stands and look to be in overall excellent shape.
I have a pair of 910s and my son has a pair of B&W 808s. (very awesome) Anyway my sons friend wanted to get into the high end vintage audio club like us. I saw this exact pair of 910s with the cards and LEDs and mentioned about them to him. .....He snagged them! I was pumped as was my son. We all got our amps together and did the tri-amp thing....Holy Balls!! The impact!! I have no words.

I have a pair of 910s and my son has a pair of B&W 808s. (very awesome) Anyway my sons friend wanted to get into the high end vintage audio club like us. I saw this exact pair of 910s with the cards and LEDs and mentioned about them to him. .....He snagged them! I was pumped as was my son. We all got our amps together and did the tri-amp thing....Holy Balls!! The impact!! I have no words.
Your sons friend sure is starting off with a bang for his first speakers!
Balls? Hell yeah! The 910's are like that! Those nice big cabs let the woofers breathe!
So how did you set up triamping these? You use an external crossover?
Also did you take pics? Love to see them if you did.
Get your sons friend to join AK! We like to encourage the young ones to spend all their money on audio gear and vinyl!
Glenn

Your sons friend sure is starting off with a bang for his first speakers!
Balls? Hell yeah! The 910's are like that! Those nice big cabs let the woofers breathe!
So how did you set up triamping these? You use an external crossover?
Also did you take pics? Love to see them if you did.
Get your sons friend to join AK! We like to encourage the young ones to spend all their money on audio gear and vinyl!
Glenn
The 910s that my son's friend bought were sold with Nakamichi crossovers and power supply. The boys both brought their own amp to my place so we had there power amps. It all was a one night thing to see if the whole trial-amp thing worked as it should. And it did!...In a BIG way! We had things all over the place. Including my Perreaux SA3 Pre, and my Perreaux 3150. My son's Nackamichi PA-7 power amp and his friend's Perreaux 2150. Amp with most power on the lows and on up. What a crazy night! Didn't think to take pics.

The 910s that my son's friend bought were sold with Nakamichi crossovers and power supply. The boys both brought their own amp to my place so we had there power amps. It all was a one night thing to see if the whole trial-amp thing worked as it should. And it did!...In a BIG way! We had things all over the place. Including my Perreaux SA3 Pre, and my Perreaux 3150. My son's Nackamichi PA-7 power amp and his friend's Perreaux 2150. Amp with most power on the lows and on up. What a crazy night! Didn't think to take pics.
You guys had a great time! Nice to share this hobby with your son! Most of the kids these days have no clue about vintage hi I and how good these systems are, listening to ear buds all the time.
My kids have an appreciation for it, though they are not into it like I am. My daughters system I put together a few years ago for her Christmas present, she was thrilled! My sons system ended up being all trash finds and it shakes the windows. He's more into gaming though, oh well!

You guys had a great time! Nice to share this hobby with your son! Most of the kids these days have no clue about vintage hi I and how good these systems are, listening to ear buds all the time.
My kids have an appreciation for it, though they are not into it like I am. My daughters system I put together a few years ago for her Christmas present, she was thrilled! My sons system ended up being all trash finds and it shakes the windows. He's more into gaming though, oh well!
I hear ya there. I got hooked when i was 12. My uncle had a Nakamichi cassette deck. Looked all Darth Vader. I loved it and started saving my paper rout money for my own hi-end great. I still have my first speakers! Mirage SM .4 Those little bookshelfs still sound nice. And so my son has picked right up on it. He now has bigger stuff than me!...on my recommendation of course. :)

I hear ya there. I got hooked when i was 12. My uncle had a Nakamichi cassette deck. Looked all Darth Vader. I loved it and started saving my paper rout money for my own hi-end great. I still have my first speakers! Mirage SM .4 Those little bookshelfs still sound nice. And so my son has picked right up on it. He now has bigger stuff than me!...on my recommendation of course. :)
I had my first piece of crap stereo when I was 12 years old, made by a company called Olympic. It was one of those all in one units with tuner, TT and 8-track player with shitty speakers. I loved that thing. Lasted for six years. Then I got my JVC R-S77 receiver in 1980. TOTL that year. Still have it and just put it on the shelf a few months ago in favor of higher end JVC integrated amps. I'll keep it for ever.

Last edited:
910s,Nakamichi crossovers & power supply, Perreaux SA3, Perreaux 3150, Nakamichi PA-7 & Perreaux 2150.

Nice list of gear for that set up. 300wpc, 200wpc and 200wpc, might be just about enough to get started in tri-amping the 910.

I had my first piece of crap stereo when I was 12 years old, made by a company called Olympic. It was one of those all in one units with tuner, TT and 8-track player with shitty speakers. I loved that thing. Lasted for six years. Then I got my JVC R-S77 receiver in 1980. TOTL that year. Still have it and just put it on the shelf a few months ago in favor of higher end JVC integrated amps. I'll keep it for ever.
Great story. I just love hearing about how folks got started in audio. Its so addicting!

Nice list of gear for that set up. 300wpc, 200wpc and 200wpc, might be just about enough to get started in tri-amping the 910.
My son also has a Perreaux 5150 but that is in the shop getting new output FETs. We will have to do a re-match when he gets that back!

I found my cards and bought them from a seller in Canada who use to be an authorized ADS service shop. If you google it, the shop or the cards will probably show up.
Just a follow up to an earlier post:

I did purchase bi-amp and tri-amp cards from the Canadian guy - very smooth transaction and the caps had been upgraded to Mundorf caps, too. A nice touch.

The 910s are now being used daily with a Benchmark DAC2 driving a UREI 6260 power amp (150wpc). Sonic presentation has a bit less sparkle than I was expecting and the bass is a bit boomy where the upper bass region is particularly offensive but the lowest register below about 70 hz will suddenly shake the house when called for. I'm sure there are some placement issues but I suspect I've got more to do to them and there may be air leaks on the woofer seals.

They're stock as I purchased them outside of tightening the socket to the drivers - the intermittent driver drop outs have now disappeared. I'll be out of town for the next 3 weeks so nothing will be happening until well into the fall.

Oh, and to the current topic of badges: Mine have cast stands, veneered backs and the aDs 910 badges.

Cheers,

Just a follow up to an earlier post:

I did purchase bi-amp and tri-amp cards from the Canadian guy - very smooth transaction and the caps had been upgraded to Mundorf caps, too. A nice touch.

The 910s are now being used daily with a Benchmark DAC2 driving a UREI 6260 power amp (150wpc). Sonic presentation has a bit less sparkle than I was expecting and the bass is a bit boomy where the upper bass region is particularly offensive but the lowest register below about 70 hz will suddenly shake the house when called for. I'm sure there are some placement issues but I suspect I've got more to do to them and there may be air leaks on the woofer seals.

They're stock as I purchased them outside of tightening the socket to the drivers - the intermittent driver drop outs have now disappeared. I'll be out of town for the next 3 weeks so nothing will be happening until well into the fall.

Oh, and to the current topic of badges: Mine have cast stands, veneered backs and the aDs 910 badges.

Cheers,
Cool!
Placement could have a lot to do with the boomyness. I'm not getting that in my space. The sparkle should improve a bit if you decide to send the mids and tweeters to Richard So. I noticed an improvement in mine, though not a oh wow difference, just better clarity and airyness.

Yep, that iswhat is missing. I can EQ it out tho.

Cheers,

David
Cool!
Placement could have a lot to do with the boomyness. I'm not getting that in my space. The sparkle should improve a bit if you decide to send the mids and tweeters to Richard So. I noticed an improvement in mine, though not a oh wow difference, just better clarity and airyness.

Yep, that iswhat is missing. I can EQ it out tho.

Cheers,

David
When you return, post a couple pics of the listening area.
My cave isn't big, but I have them about 8-9 feet apart, about a foot or so from the walls. My listening chair is about 10 feet away from them.

We had the NY merto gathering this past Saturday. Had a great time!
I picked up a nice set of recapped crossovers and a set of grills that are in better shape than my originals.

I haven't had a chance to listen with the new crossovers, and will report back on the sonics.
The were both from a set of later 910's being parted out. The grill pegs are a bit smaller then the early 910's, so my plan is to add a few dabs of silicone to the pegs so the fit snug.
here's a few pics of the crossovers. Nice caps were used.
Glenn

Attachments

• IMG_3709.jpg
    IMG_3709.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3708.jpg
    IMG_3708.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3707.jpg
    IMG_3707.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3706.jpg