Todays METAL playlist

Iron Maiden ~ Run To The Hills/Total Eclipse 7" 45rpm
1982 EMI -5263

https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-Run-To-The-Hills/release/445156
013_2.jpg

012.jpg

All of the Manowar from Sign of the Hammer back is excellent stuff. I lost my enthusiasm for their material after this album. Wondering if I should revisit post SOTH material?
When I bought "Fighting The World" I could see the wheels beginning to fall off. With "Kings of Metal" I gave up and stopped buying Manowar. I REALLY need to revisit those two albums and see if I might like them better now. Love "Sign of the Hammer", especially the closing track, Guyana: Cult of the Damned. Starting a song with a dying, garbled voice speaking, "Thank you for the Kool-Aid, Reverend Jim" is about as cold and harsh as anything I've ever heard.

Merch slip is a nice little bonus!:thumbsup:
At this point, I'm really wishing I hadn't gotten it autographed. Buddy of mine got backstage and had all but Cliff Burton scrawl out sig's with a ball point pen. I'm thinking it probably detracts from the value of an album that could fetch $200- $300 on the market. Then again, it might add to the value. The only personalized sig was Hetfield's, you can see my name, "Frank" in large letters right under his pic. Lar's was funny, signed his name and added "Vodka Tour '84"...it was kind of prophetic that Cliff wasn't available to sign.
015.jpg

When I bought "Fighting The World" I could see the wheels beginning to fall off. With "Kings of Metal" I gave up and stopped buying Manowar. I REALLY need to revisit those two albums and see if I might like them better now. Love "Sign of the Hammer", especially the closing track, Guyana: Cult of the Damned. Starting a song with a dying, garbled voice speaking, "Thank you for the Kool-Aid, Reverend Jim" is about as cold and harsh as anything I've ever heard.

You've motivated me to listen to SOTH this weekend!!

All right... Enough with the hard stuff, fellas. It's time to glam it up.

Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In (2006 Remaster)

Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

At this point, I'm really wishing I hadn't gotten it autographed. Buddy of mine got backstage and had all but Cliff Burton scrawl out sig's with a ball point pen. I'm thinking it probably detracts from the value of an album that could fetch $200- $300 on the market. Then again, it might add to the value. The only personalized sig was Hetfield's, you can see my name, "Frank" in large letters right under his pic. Lar's was funny, signed his name and added "Vodka Tour '84"...it was kind of prophetic that Cliff wasn't available to sign.
015.jpg
I had an original Banzi autographed by Lars and James..in silver pen they wrote Ride The Vodka..guess they liked vodka:beerchug:

Poison - Open Up and Say... Ahh! (20th Anniversary Remaster)

Cover.JPG
One more shot of 80s glam...

Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom