Yamaha RX-A 3060

If you have music on your phone, or stored on your computer or server, it's a very handy way to access those files. Select play lists, all music or sort by Artist. Excited for you to get your system together as you envision. Right now I'm building a complete system using Vintage ADS speakers. Presently it's 5.1 (Sub is Klipsch), but presents and Back Surround Presents will be ADS as I find them and have them reconditioned.

Good info...thanks.

ADS is one speaker brands that makes my shortlist of vintage speakers. They should work fine with your sub.

I have an Energy sub on my older Onkyo DD 5.1 system that I might use with my Yamaha AVR. But the Energy RC-30 Towers do a fine job on their own.

Good info...thanks.

ADS is one speaker brands that makes my shortlist of vintage speakers. They should work fine with your sub.

I have an Energy sub on my older Onkyo DD 5.1 system that I might use with my Yamaha AVR. But the Energy RC-30 Towers do a fine job on their own.

Beautiful Speaker Charles. In looks and sound. Very warm and detailed.

Beautiful Speaker Charles. In looks and sound. Very warm and detailed.

Thanks!
I have read that the Energy RC-30/50/70 series towers were designed with gamers in mind, Which might explain why my RC-30's are voiced with plenty bass and mid-bass despite their diminutive size. Which is great for HT speakers. I use the matching RC-LCR for center channel and 3 matching RC-R Bi-pole/Di-pole wall mounted surround speakers for side and rear.

I waited until they came on sale. But even at their full price, They are still decent value for speakers in their price range.

Last edited:
The controller app works great with my hTC and RXA730. I much prefer it to the remote as it is easy to navigate and works without having to aim it at the unit. Casting from the ipad is no problem either. The Yamaha has a wired connection instead of wifi, maybe that helps?

I reset to factory, then realized I wasn't scrolling down to OK, that's why it wasn't working..duhh lol

Nice! ... love it when it all turns out good! Your gonna really enjoy that receiver even more now! As I mentioned earlier, I have the 3070 and except for a few changes it's pretty much the same unit. Not a day passes I don't appreciate it.

Being unfamiliar with your speakers, I read the Stereophile review of the Silvers. It said they were rated at 6.5 ohms with a 6 ohm minimum, so you are probably ok there.

The Minis said 4 ohms, but if they are to be used as rears in a home theater situation, it might be ok.

Neither was mentioned as being unruly or difficult to drive, but these reviewers were using big power amps, not a home theater receiver.

It works just fine with them, oh and by the way I hope Irma didn't do too much damage in your neck of the woods..

Smiling as I read your posts @VINTAGEO as I know exactly what your going through with this particular Receiver/Model. It was kind of easy for me to be impressed upgrading from a Yamaha 2700 to the Avantage line considering both the additional features and on screen adjustments. The RX-V2700 was ... well lackluster and dated by comparison. So the 3070 was a huge improvement. The fact that you got your 3060, which as I said earlier is nearly the same model, shy a few features .... it's basically the same unit in terms of function, power and flexibility. Considering power, flexibility and features vs cost even paying shelf price for my unit I feel as if I got a deal as well. Our units are pretty much rated at 5 star reviews across most seller outlets. It's not hard to understand hah? Glad your happy, I know why ;):beerchug:

Smiling as I read your posts @VINTAGEO as I know exactly what your going through with this particular Receiver/Model. It was kind of easy for me to be impressed upgrading from a Yamaha 2700 to the Avantage line considering both the additional features and on screen adjustments. The RX-V2700 was ... well lackluster and dated by comparison. So the 3070 was a huge improvement. The fact that you got your 3060, which as I said earlier is nearly the same model, shy a few features .... it's basically the same unit in terms of function, power and flexibility. Considering power, flexibility and features vs cost even paying shelf price for my unit I feel as if I got a deal as well. Our units are pretty much rated at 5 star reviews across most seller outlets. It's not hard to understand hah? Glad your happy, I know why ;):beerchug:
Indeed. congrats, on your new boxes, both of you. I upgraded from the paleolithic RX-V1000. These AVRs are the bomb. Reviews are great, but it the sound that's the proof of the pudding. Enjoy:music:

You know you've made the right choice of AVR when after paying near full list price, You feel like you stole it from Yamaha. I wouldn't feel so bad if I bought at least their Rx-A870 for the $300 more it costs than my Rx-A770, Which is exactly the same weight. I think the 770 is just a dumbed down version of the original design 870. Anyways it sounds WAY better than it has any right to. Even the FM tune works well deep in my basement.

The 1070, 2070 and 3070 are much heavier as expected and vary with features and channels and a bit more power. As for the much lighter 670 entry level model I generally don't recommend them to folks. An extra $100 to move up to the 770 is a much better value.

I'm almost surprised no one has jumped in to tell you guys that AVRs sound like crap, have imaginary power ratings, and are going to die or become obsolete withing a few months :blah:

I've been thinkig of upgrading my RX-A2010 but I really can't find a reason since I'm running 5.1 and really don't have any 4k sources to work with.

Don't forget to grab a couple of the SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB thumb drives for your flac/mp3/wma files. These are small enough to allow you to close the door on the front of the AVR with the thumb drive in place. No need for outboard sources....

I'm almost surprised no one has jumped in to tell you guys that AVRs sound like crap, have imaginary power ratings, and are going to die or become obsolete withing a few months :blah:

I've been thinkig of upgrading my RX-A2010 but I really can't find a reason since I'm running 5.1 and really don't have any 4k sources to work with.

Don't forget to grab a couple of the SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB thumb drives for your flac/mp3/wma files. These are small enough to allow you to close the door on the front of the AVR with the thumb drive in place. No need for outboard sources....

Thanks for that tip on the Cruzer Fit USB thumb drive. I chuckle thinking why it has not crossed my mind yet. I'll be picking one up tomorrow for sure. :thumbsup:

The very same here Vintageo. Unfortunately, the only time I get to enjoy mine is on Sunday's as I work 6 days a week. You know per the conversation regarding Yamaha's Controller app, I was saying I didn't have a problem with the app. Well ... after I had posted that, I got a new phone ... and the app didn't work. (face plant). I'll be resetting the Receiver when I get a chance and get the app working again.

Back
Top Bottom