Attention Fairchild Freaks!

I came across these carts in a box of old stuff....
They are screwed to the boards in there original cases, I don't know if they are unused or not..the 230 cantilever looks a bit corroded but the sm-1 still has all the case goodies inside like brand new.
Can you "Fairchild Freaks" tell me anything about these or value?
Thanks
Ed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 64
ALL Fairchild cartridges are rare,valuable and sought after. N.O.S versions even more... and a N.O.S boxed XP-2 (a very limited production eXPerimental improved version of the 220XP) is the holy grail of all Fairchild cartridges. This one alone could reach $1k if put on the well-know auction site. Your "box of old stuff" looks more like a treasure chest...

Thank you for the excellent info, there is some ESL, ortofon mono goodness as well, but this is the Fairchild thread....

WOW! FAIRCHILD, ESL, ORTOFON ... looks you're sitting on a gold mine. (BTW, ESL cartridges and tonearms were actually made by ORTOFON and especially selected/upgraded for the US market, their "Concert" series are very highly rated and sought after)

WOW! FAIRCHILD, ESL, ORTOFON ... looks you're sitting on a gold mine. (BTW, ESL cartridges and tonearms were actually made by ORTOFON and especially selected/upgraded for the US market, their "Concert" series are very highly rated and sought after)

Well, imagine that...I have a "Concert series" cart also!

There are a bunch of Fairchild Cartridges on e bay!

Are these yours ? If yes you should have listed them with international shipping option (Don't use ebay's GSP !). Most highest bidders for these old cartridges are located overseas (mainly asia) and these are small lightweight easy to pack/ship items. Restricting to U.S only will substantially limit yout chances to get the most $$$'s out of these rare items.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom