Where Does Your Dog Sleep (at Night?)

Where Does Your Dog Sleep at Night?

• Total voters
13 and can't climb the stairs to where we are so the closest she can get is up against the first step...which is where she sleeps.

I've let my dog sleep wherever he wants the last couple of nights. He's opted for the black chair where I took that pic I posted. I put a towel on there for him. He'll wander in my bedroom sometime after 6am and lay on the floor. Maybe if I setup a dog bed he'd sleep in my room - right now I just have a bath rug set up on the floor and I'm sure the chair is much more comfortable than a rug on a wood floor.

The dog in my avatar was my wife's and a puppy when my wife and I met. She used to always sleep in a crate but fuss and whine in the morning to be let out. I don't like being woken up in the morning and got very angry at her for not letting me sleep in. When she did get let out she would get in the bed with us. On occasion my wife wouldn't put her in the kennel and those occasions increased until eventually our bed became her bed (which by that point was fine with me) which lasted for all of her 14 years. Our current dog was so small we were afraid of him getting smashed when he was young. He would also hang with us in the bed until we got ready to go to sleep then I'd have to carry him all sleepy and relaxed to his kennel (my wife always makes me do it). He is well kennel trained and didn't fuss as its also where he goes when we are gone. That lasted less than a year before he no longer got put in his kennel. He paws at my wife to make her move where he wants her (he's all of 5 pounds). He will usually either paw at her legs until she makes a spot for him in them or he paws at the blanked when its cold till she lifts it up and he curls up against her under the blanket. He cuddles with me too but usually only early in the evening before we are really asleep or later in the morning when we are waking up. Although I said my wife was the impetus for both dogs migrating to sleeping in our bed, I'm totally OK with it since they were/are both small dogs.

I have two BIG shephards and a husky. The really BIG Shephard thinks he's a grizzly bear - he sleeps on the floor next to my bed. The husky sleeps on the master bath floor mostly as its tile. When it's cooler, she sleeps in the bed. The other Shephard sleeps downstairs on guard.

I don't have a great story. My 3 doxies sleep in a crate in my bedroom. A treat will get them rushing in there except for Sparky, the brown one, View attachment 1005539 who seems to know a trick when he sees one. He'll come but in no hurry. We also have a crate in the living room that they go to when we go out.

We crate our doxie and the Chihuahua/Maltese mix. They understand its their bed and are happy to go there. Or course the wiener burrows under the blankets in there.

Regards
Mister Pig

My three dog's ages 14, 7 AND 5 all sleep in my bedroom every night. They have ever since they were puppies and I have had very few accidents caused by them!!

Jon

Our 12 year old Westie starts the night on our bed- he often gets warm & goes to the tile floor in our bathroom. We have an ottoman next to the bed that serves as his stairs.

Ginger will, on occasion sleep upstairs with my wife and I in our bedroom, (floor). She is not a warm weather dog, so it it's too warm, she goes back downstairs and sleeps on the kitchen floor. Our Schnauzer, (RIP), slept with either my wife and I, or our daughter, (on the bed).

Our Aussie sleeps in our bedroom right in one of those corner beds from Costco that are like a little corner sectional couch. He sleeps on his back and snores which I find strangely soothing to hear. He is pretty sound sleeper but does seem to have one eye opened most of the time. He always barks when there is an earthquake or sometimes a moose or bear in the yard (they visit at night sometimes).

We got him as a rescue and he at first wanted to sleep in our bed, but has since not asked to get up there.

We have two, a 7 year old pit bull (about 60lbs of steel) and a 6 month old Rottie (48lbs and growing). Both sleep on the bedroom floor without making a sound all night. We also have five cats who sleep wherever and whenever they want...because cats.

Back
Top Bottom