Show me your CABLES!! Please...

Busterfree ,
I like the system Rack ,
Your cables look interesting as well, Groneburg ?, TWL , ?...

Delta77---I am going to be after a pair of the Tekton monitors--hopefully they still build them in about a year. I've about tapped out my goodie budget this year with a C Sharp turntable and a 5DMarkIV camera. But I cant help but thinking those Tektons will be a realm above my EPOS monitors. Even with all the bashing about the design of the speaker array on another forum.

I don't see Eric going out of business any time soon, ( the D.I. Reviews ) ..
and with the frantic pace that he's coming out with new designs..
He should be in his "Prime Designing Years" for a while ..
Those "Elections" have me Drooling-- Eric recently told me he intends to change the 6" woofers with 8" woofers ..
( sounds perfect for my room size )
But to be honest,I have to use these Seas Pendragon's for a while (only 8 months old) , before the Wife would agree with me on a new set of speakers , that frankly I don't Need...

Last edited:
Datafone ,,
Gotta say I like those lifters you made, for a few bucks and they keep the cables separate and very tidy, anything else even slight would be a bonus and i think little things can add up.

Edit: Damn! i should have just added this to the one above.

Busterfree ,
I like the system Rack ,
Your cables look interesting as well, Groneburg ?, TWL , ?...

Power cords many PS Audio AC-12, 1 Nordost, 1 Signal Cable, & 1 Decware
Interconnects Mogami, Decware, & Signal Cable
Equipment rack is Mapleshade Sampson with 2" shelves

IMG_0334.JPG IMG_0360.JPG
Alright the IC's finally came in.. I installed them on Monday evening.. And yet again " they made a difference " in a good way..

Last edited:
For those of you who are new,, (like Me) ..
And have a hard time believing that one needs to pay upwards of $500-$1500 per cable ,,
to get a noticeable increase in sound...

Here is how it worked for me...
I found a Guy ,(small company) that has been around the Stereo / Cable business for a number of years..
After talking & feeling comfortable with him , I just asked flat out " What would you do if it was your system ? , Give me the best you got , (without Getting Nuts )".. Since I was buying Direct it would only be cheaper if I did it myself..
But not being in the business my guess on what "Snake Oil" to use,, would be just that ,, a "Guess"..

(1st) ($580)
Replaced all 3 Power Cables:: 12awg. Silver coated Copper
Definitely made the Soundstage Wider

(2nd) ($320)
Replaced. Speaker Cables :: 10awg. Silver coated Copper
Seemed to give Better Separation of instruments and voices

(3rd) ($280)
Replaced all IC's. :: 18awg. Silver coated Copper /. Nuetrik Profi connectors
Seemed to have Lifted a Slight Veil /.
& this is hard for me to believe what I'm hearing but at risk of ridicule I will state that I believe I'm hearing the beginnings of Depth (3D) ,, Lets call it "Texture" ...

To say the least, I'm very happy with my new cables from Patrick at CullenCable ....The Cable Loom definitely took my system to another level...
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG
Before////Pics ---------------------------------

IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG

Last edited:
A good cable can not only shield against unwanted interferences, but will cost a lot of money. Some companies have different designs for better musicality/ "noise-free" experience, and therefore cost more money to build. Stereognat is correct.

Well no, but ok.

A cable thread! How did I miss this?

The thing is, after arbitrary figure of 50 bucks, there are no sonic differences if the cable is built properly to defined spec for the application.
If someone wants to spend more for something awesome, go for it!

One can argue that all you want. The science that made it possible for us to even discuss it says so. Think about it before you two keep arguing.

Cable risers. Why are the all so ugly? There has to be a better way.

Don't get me wrong pls.
I love seeing the cables, keep them coming.

Last edited:
The thing is, after arbitrary figure of 50 bucks, there are no sonic differences if the cable is built properly to defined spec for the application.
If someone wants to spend more for something awesome, go for it!

Quoted for truth:thumbsup:. No doubt until one's system reaches a certain point those $50 cables are adequate as differences are tough if not impossible to hear at that level. But once the rig gets pushed to or beyond that certain point of refinement the sonic benefits of better quality cabling is there to be reaped and impossible to deny or overlooked.

Back
Top Bottom